Hot water heater was replaced-now I have to pay for it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Can any of you salon owners shed any light. I am at work currently so will have to read my contract when I get home. Early October my water heater broke which meant I had no running hot water in the salon for about 3 weeks. I kept asking my landlord to sort it and after getting someone out to look at it we found a new heater was needed completely.

Now middle of November my landlord has given me the bill for it? Surely it would be his responsibility? Wouldn't this come under fixings or something? I am just peed off because it seems any problems that arise I instantly have to pay for it when surely it is his responsibility.

Any help would be very much appreciated xx

From my experience, if you're a leaseholder it's down to you. If you're just on a short term tenancy then that's generally your landlords responsibility but read your contract .

Most commercial leases are full repairing so you are liable for it, most inside both often outside aswell.

It should definitely be in your contract.

Jemima :)

We are on a full repairing lease and have paid for 2 new boilers over the years ! Just the way it is as a commercial tenant unfortunately if you are on that type of lease but you may not be.
Even if you are, you could always ask the landlord if they would consider splitting the bill , mine has over the years with certain things and there is no harm in asking :)

Latest posts

Back