How to do express lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
hello, happy new year everyone :)

hopefully someone will be nice & help me out, I'm trained in semi permanent lashes but would really like to try out express, in my training manual it gives step by step not the clearest of instructions though, I was told on my course that a further course in express isn't essential, maybe one day when funds permit I can do an add on express lash course but for the minute I can't afford it, just incase you wondered I trained with marvel lash but have recently swapped to eyelash emporium glue, could anyone try explain express lashes in a bit more depth for me please? much appreciated x

Express Lashes are really easy to do and as far as training goes, I really don't think its necessary in order to be able to do this treatment, I had to book an advanced lash course with my supplier (lash Perfect) in order to do express and we spent about 10 mins going through express as its that simple BUT!!! please check with your insurers as some of them will not insure you unless you have been on the course.

With express lashes, you can use the same individual lashes and adhesive,
you choose your lash look, length in exactly the same way. I prepare my client is exactly the same way then when placing the lash, rather than isolating a lash, you sort of weave/wedge the extension on top or in between the natural lash. You still swipe the adhesive onto the natural lash then place.

Express lashes can last 2 weeks but then the client should have an appointment to have them removed as they can put strain on the natural lashes as they grow out. My price for express includes removal and I always book my client in for removal before they leave. My consultation form also states that I will not be responsible to any damage to their natural lash if they fail to attend their removal appointment.

Best thing to do now, is to have a little practice.

hope this helps

Heather x

Great reply! :wink2:

Express Lashes are really easy to do and as far as training goes, I really don't think its necessary in order to be able to do this treatment, I had to book an advanced lash course with my supplier (lash Perfect) in order to do express and we spent about 10 mins going through express as its that simple BUT!!! please check with your insurers as some of them will not insure you unless you have been on the course.

you choose your lash look, length in exactly the same way. I prepare my client is exactly the same way then when placing the lash, rather than isolating a lash, you sort of weave/wedge the extension on top or in between the natural lash. You still swipe the adhesive onto the natural lash then place.

Express lashes can last 2 weeks but then the client should have an appointment to have them removed as they can put strain on the natural lashes as they grow out. My price for express includes removal and I always book my client in for removal before they leave. My consultation form also states that I will not be responsible to any damage to their natural lash if they fail to attend their removal appointment.

hope this helps

Heather x

thanks for being kind enough to reply :hug: x

Why thank you, a great compliment from someone who I see as a geek godess ! xxx

Oh my goodness I have never thought of myself as that before. I do like the sound of it though! :wink2: xxx

Sorry for sounding stupid.

I use Hollywood lashes and glue, so for express lashes I just use my normal lashes and glue in my kit?

Do I just place them on top of the lash? x

I'm interested in this aswell! Of u jut place the lashes on will they not clump together! I've been too shared to try this out and have even looked on YouTube for a video but can't actually find any!??? Just to actually see what to do, with peace of mind! Express lashes are very popular in my town an I would live to start doing then and for quickness aswell, would help and bring clients in my salon x

Sorry about spelling predictive text on iPhone is a nightmare lol but I think your get what I just said lol x

Lol iPhones are the worst for correcting your words and most of the time they are wrong!!

I searched for about 4 hours last night trying to get some info and couldn't find anything. Maybe its just my brain lol overloaded on codeine for toothache :(

Well I think a geek should make a quick video on YouTube so we can all see! Cause I can't find any info at all either lolx

[QUOTE=Nails

Yes you would just use your usual lashes and you usual glue xx

I've searched you tube too & can't find a video? it would be fab if someone knew of one & could post the link? :)
I'm really wanting to do express as I find these being asked for more than semi permanent in my own town xx

hope this helps

Heather x

Sorry if this sounds thick & I'm sorry to pester you when you gave me so much useful info earlier on in the thread lol
Just I'm unsure of when you say weave/wedge the lashes on top of the natural lash? how would I do this :eek: told you It sounds thick haha x

Sorry if this sounds thick & I'm sorry to pester you when you gave me so much useful info earlier on in the thread lol
Just I'm unsure of when you say weave/wedge the lashes on top of the natural lash? how would I do this :eek: told you It sounds thick haha x

If you can't picture how that would be done, perhaps you might be best going on a course for someone to show you.

I'm insured to do express lashes as marvel lash cover this on the semi permanent course - except I was making the whole of the class drinks in the kitchen whilst she showed the express method, I walked in just as she'd finished demonstrating & she said she'd run me through it at the end of the day but she never did as she had run over her time :eek:

I did say in my first post that I'd be happy to do an express course but when im reading posts on salon geek that say it's not essential to do an extra course in express it makes me unsure of what to do x

I'm insured to do express lashes as marvel lash cover this on the semi permanent course - except I was making the whole of the class drinks in the kitchen whilst she showed the express method, I walked in just as she'd finished demonstrating & she said she'd run me through it at the end of the day but she never did as she had run over her time :eek:

I did say in my first post that I'd be happy to do an express course but when im reading posts on salon geek that say it's not essential to do an extra course in express it makes me unsure of what to do x

Yes I have also been told there is no need to do an extra course as they only went over the express method for 20mins and that was all that was needed x

I wasn't very sure either but is it sort of how party lashes are applied except on the lash rather than the skin and obviously more of them! So you plonk them on so they look natural and stuff. I've heard Y and W lashes are good for these? x

Perhaps my above post only made sense to me...random rambling thoughts. I do apologise lol x

Latest posts

Back