How to do express lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would check with your insurance. Most insurance companies won't insure unless you have done a course on express lashes.

I do express lashes and they are very popular.

However, I paid to go on a course and made sure my insurance was updated once I had gained my certificate.

I don't think it's entirely professional (or in the clients best interests) for someone to upload a video onto youtube for everyone to learn from.

Sorry :eek:

I also do express lashes, and I went on a seperate course for this. Definately think u need training for this, as even though its quicker to do, you could be doing it on opened eyes, and could also potentially damage lashes with this set.
I do them alot, but definately do not recommend long term use. Sp much better!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Just wondered what an average price is for express lashes. I know it can vary from town to town?

Hi, Im based in Hertfordshire and would like to do an Express Lash course but am struggling to find any decent courses. Would prefer to work on a recommendation if anyone has one?

thanks

Are Express lashes the same as Cluster/party lashes?

I do express lashes but find them difficult to remove after the two weeks . I use lash remover, but they seem to take ages to start shifting.
How do others find removal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Are Express lashes the same as Cluster/party lashes?

No. Cluster/party lashes use temp glue such as Ardell
Express lashes use semi perm glue, which is why it its essential to remove after two weeks
Sent from my GT-I930 using SalonGeek

How do they differ from lash extensions?

OK. So I'm guessing that they are the semi permanent lashes (one false lash applied on one natural lash) used, but less of them applied for speed and more spaced out. As you use the same glue, they need to be removed after 2 weeks.

If they look good though, why remove them? This is the bit I don't understand. If they were falling out along with the natural lash, then yes, they will become/look patchy or too many gaps, but surely not that many lashes fall out in the space of 2 weeks.

I hope I have made sense.

You need to have them removed as more than likely you will have attached the lashes to more than one of your natural lashes, so potentially they could pull your lashes out in clumps.
x

Ciao from Italy.

So i got more then 1 question about the Express lashes...

When removing the lashes after 2 weeks,would you then re apply new express,or would you leave the lashes to rest a week or so?

How long time can a client continue with Express?

Time for removal?
Is it worth the time saving when doing express instead of normal one to one extension,if I then have to spend to much time of getting theme of?

I'm such a terrible perfectionist,and always looking into the best for my clients,so how much strain does the Express lash put on the clients lashes?

Ok,that was just some thoughts about it...I'm still working tough on my normal one to one extensions,and I will probably feel "bad" when attaching a lash to more then 1 lash.

Keep on lashing out there,
Love my work<3

Ciao from Italy.

So i got more then 1 question about the Express lashes...

When removing the lashes after 2 weeks,would you then re apply new express,or would you leave the lashes to rest a week or so?
I would always recommend a rest to allow the lashes to recover and get back into a normal growth cycle

How long time can a client continue with Express?
I get client back for removal after 2 weeks and then suggest a break. If they want them long term, you can educate clients and explain SP lashes are the long term option

Time for removal?
Approx 20 minutes
Is it worth the time saving when doing express instead of normal one to one extension,if I then have to spend to much time of getting theme off
I take about 40 minutes to apply express and 20 minutes to remove. My charge equals my usual hourly rate so I earn the same whether doing SP lashes or express

I'm such a terrible perfectionist,and always looking into the best for my clients,so how much strain does the Express lash put on the clients lashes?
They don't really put strain on the natural lashes but they do disrupt the growth cycle

Ok,that was just some thoughts about it...I'm still working tough on my normal one to one extensions,and I will probably feel "bad" when attaching a lash to more then 1 lash.
Yes! You will feel like you are cheating at first. Thats a little bit how I feel! LOL

Keep on lashing out there,
Love my work<3
Hope this has helped x

Hope this has helped x

I was told yesterday at my express course that you can remove a set and reapply for as long as your client wishes.

Do you find the lashes definitely need a rest? xx

I was told yesterday at my express course that you can remove a set and reapply for as long as your client wishes.

Do you find the lashes definitely need a rest? xx

I was taught the same on my masters course as well.
I have re-applied express lashes immediately after taking another set off. If clients want to keep having them done then it's better for them to have semi-permanent ones anyway. There's not much point keep having express lashes when you can have SP. I charge £35 for an express set so if they have them done every 2 weeks then it's going to cost them £70 a month. I charge £25 for infills so it's cheaper for them to have SP as the infills are going to cost them £50 a month.

I use lash perfects cream remover it take 5 minutes to remove a full set. A new set can be applied immediately after. A product send from the gods above :)

I was taught the same on my masters course as well.
I have re-applied express lashes immediately after taking another set off. If clients want to keep having them done then it's better for them to have semi-permanent ones anyway. There's not much point keep having express lashes when you can have SP. I charge £35 for an express set so if they have them done every 2 weeks then it's going to cost them £70 a month. I charge £25 for infills so it's cheaper for them to have SP as the infills are going to cost them £50 a month.

Ah cool. Totally see your point. I offer both SP and express so that's a good way of separating the 2 options :)

I recommend infills every 2-3 weeks so the savings are there for the customer.

How much do you charge for a full set of SP?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Express Lashes are really easy to do and as far as training goes, I really don't think its necessary in order to be able to do this treatment, I had to book an advanced lash course with my supplier (lash Perfect) in order to do express and we spent about 10 mins going through express as its that simple BUT!!! please check with your insurers as some of them will not insure you unless you have been on the course.

With express lashes, you can use the same individual lashes and adhesive,
you choose your lash look, length in exactly the same way. I prepare my client is exactly the same way then when placing the lash, rather than isolating a lash, you sort of weave/wedge the extension on top or in between the natural lash. You still swipe the adhesive onto the natural lash then place.

Express lashes can last 2 weeks but then the client should have an appointment to have them removed as they can put strain on the natural lashes as they grow out. My price for express includes removal and I always book my client in for removal before they leave. My consultation form also states that I will not be responsible to any damage to their natural lash if they fail to attend their removal appointment.

Best thing to do now, is to have a little practice.

hope this helps

Heather x

How much do you charge for your express lashes ? and does it cover cost of removal ?

Latest posts

Back