I think my prices are fair!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all.. (sighs)

Have just settled a rental space in a wonderful boutique.. for £20 /day // am only goign to be able to work 2 days and maybe a saturday which the lady has said i can just pay her £10 as half day on saturdays...

anyway.. after looking at my prices she mentioned putting them down a bit.. i explained that i wasnt prepared to move my prices.. to be fair at the end of the day i am only renting the space from her.. this is my business and my prices..

just had my first client enquiry ( i start next thursday).. via FB and i had to contact her... gave her my number to give me a call to discuss on phone,.. or i woudl phone her if she gave me her contact details.. she asked me what i did and what prices..

I told her £28 for gel extensions with white tip, natural tip pre colored tip

£35 for sculpted pink and white.. (french)

she said .. ermm i was hop ing for £20.. !!! apparently when she went into the shop she was expecting me to do them for less..

I dont think my prices are that unreasonable.. and i dont know what the young lady was charging before me.. am just now worried that people are expecting it all for less than i have set out and not come :O(..

I was mobile.. but have just started again due to having a baby.. so working hard on clientele.. was hoping being in a shop woudl be better as am still suffering from bad pelvis :O(..

I hope my prices are not going to put people off.. and potential clients are not going to dictate to me what i shoudl be charging !!! getting a little worried now and hoping this is going to work.. as i am not going back to my non nails job..

i use harmony gel and gelish ..so it is not low end of the shelf products ..

is there anyone been or is in my position and feelin a tad worried about prices..

sorry for long rant had to get this out before i went to bed lol.

Sarah xxx

hi from hair so thought id give my opinion from a clients point of view,

i was paying 40 for gel nails and was happy to pay this, you get what you pay for, think your prices are great maybe have a look at your competitors prices, or even get a few frinds to mystery shop them for some real feedback x

hi from hair so thought id give my opinion from a clients point of view,

i was paying 40 for gel nails and was happy to pay this, you get what you pay for, think your prices are great maybe have a look at your competitors prices, or even get a few frinds to mystery shop them for some real feedback x

Hi hunni..

Thats a great help.. i set my prices over a year and half ago now (had to stop in between due to baby being born..) and was only doing a few nights mobile to build it up whilst in my non nails job and doing training etc..

i did shop around and spent many an hour going through all different pricelists from salons mobile the lot lol.. i just hope
i am doing the right thing now :O(.. i still have my die hard mobile clients... who wont use anyone else so that gives me loads of confidence..

thanks again

Sarah xx

Stick to your prices Hun, they are very reasonable. If you have mobile clients paying that price then they must be happy so stay the same in the shop otherwise your mobile clients might start expecting it for less!

Your prices are fine leave them as they are x

I would leave your prices as they are but consider doing an opening offer for a limited time.

Rather than reducing your prices, give them an add on at a discount. Half price always tempts people but leave your main treatments at full price. eg have a set of gel nails and get a pedicure at the same time for half price - saving £xx

This way clients can try your services- they make a saving but they also try something new - and may go on to have the 2 treatments next time at full price.

make sure your prices are similiar to other salons in your area. maybe you could run a promotion that for every x amount spent in the boutique you get x% discount in your salon and get your landlady to run the same for you .
try it a limited time and see how it goes. you and the boutique owner can really help each other out .

Hi ladies

Thank you so much for all your tips and well certainly put my mind to rest.. i think i am over panicing lol..

I have decided to put a 10% welcome discount till the end of the month.. .. and am currently running a valentines offer..

sooo... we shall see how things start ..

thanks again

love and hugs

Sarah xxx

Latest posts

Back