Ikea tables

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376145294.894521.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376145294.894521.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 545
Here's mine

Ah that's one of the storage legs I was looking at! which one & which size table top did you go for?x

P.S Your setup looks FAB!x

Ah that's one of the storage legs I was looking at! which one & which size table top did you go for?x

P.S Your setup looks FAB!x

Thanks babe!

My table top is the smaller one, which I think might be the 100cm, it has the actual legs screwed onto it and then the additional storage legs are at the ends which makes for more table space.

I absolutely LOVE my table...but I'm forever cleaning it...the black shows up everything x

Hopefully I have attached the photo properly! This is the ikea linnmon table with adils legs and Alex drawers. I think it a fairly popular combination as I got my ideas from other posts on here. I love it, plenty of room, plenty of drawer space. It comes in different colour/wood combinations too. :biggrin:

Where is your wallpaper from? Gorgeous !

Thanks babe!

My table top is the smaller one, which I think might be the 100cm, it has the actual legs screwed onto it and then the additional storage legs are at the ends which makes for more table space.

I absolutely LOVE my table...but I'm forever cleaning it...the black shows up everything x

Ah does it! good idea, thought it looked quite long! I might do that & get some legs too! - do you know which the table top is on the site? yeah I bet black shows everything, ill be going for black though I think, more practical isn't it! just cant decide what legs/storage to get or chairs :/ xx

Ah does it! good idea, thought it looked quite long! I might do that & get some legs too! - do you know which the table top is on the site? yeah I bet black shows everything, ill be going for black though I think, more practical isn't it! just cant decide what legs/storage to get or chairs :/ xx

It's the Glasholm table top.

I'm still not completely convinced on my client chair as its too slidey on the wooden floor...I still haven't decided what to go for...possibly a heavy based rotating chair.

Happy shopping! (So exciting, isn't it?) Xx

It's the Glasholm table top.

I'm still not completely convinced on my client chair as its too slidey on the wooden floor...I still haven't decided what to go for...possibly a heavy based rotating chair.

Happy shopping! (So exciting, isn't it?) Xx

Thanks, ah right! im going to go to ikea tomorrow so will see if they have anything suitable chair wise :) yes very exciting!!! but im new to the nail business so thought id ask other techs whats best to buy! im setting up in a summerhouse/log cabin & i sold quite a few things the other week from my old job that were no longer needed, got money in my bank & not sure what to get first so its still sat there! too many nice things - nightmare! so much to buy!.

Does acetone and the alcohol not ruin the ikea tabletop if you get it on it?

I've got the black glass table from ikea it's great as you can wipe up spillages but shows up the dust constantly :( and scratches so badley.

I'm trying to convince hubby to make me a custom one with an extractor fan in the middle, but pref in white with a clear glass top so the dust doesn't show up!! :D

Only problem I have with my table is you can see the scratches and when spray tanning I have to clean table as it has staining. x

Mine is the ikea Besta Burs, it has two drawers which are hard to see in the photo but they run the full width and depth of the desk. I had a glass top made for it and it works great for me!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376245160.150241.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376245160.150241.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 460
Mine is the ikea Besta Burs, it has two drawers which are hard to see in the photo but they run the full width and depth of the desk. I had a glass top made for it and it works great for me!

Your setup looks fab! Been to ikea today saw this one & another with a pullout bit. Not sure which to go for.

Loving this thread. I'm off to Ikea next Saturday to get a new nail desk -so excited!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here is my set up. I'm just starting up again next week but the desk is an old design a few years ago, but you can still get this from Ikea.

Love this so so much also love your lamp where was it from? Not the minx lamp other one

Loving this thread. I'm off to Ikea next Saturday to get a new nail desk -so excited!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Let us know what you go for :)

Love this so so much also love your lamp where was it from? Not the minx lamp other one

Thank you. It's just a Daylight Lamp. Here's a link to a more up to date one as I've had mine a few years. Click

Hiya

I found this thread while browsing on my phone. Just wanted to say there are some fantastic alternatives out there. I bought mine from Argos for £49.99 and had since gone down in the sale to £39.99. I've attached an image from the Argos app of what my table looks like and it's perfect for display purposes too. It's so easy to put together (I did mine myself) and then I got a thick sheet of glass to the size of the work surface which protects the table from acetone and damage. It has a hell lot more storage than some "Salon Nail Stations" and fits in perfectly with my studio. this is the one I have. Not currently in my studio but will take a photo tomorrow and send it over.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376321604.445203.jpg

Thank you. It's just a Daylight Lamp. Here's a link to a more up to date one as I've had mine a few years. Click

Thanks so much!! More money spent haha

Hi,

these are the chairs I bought from ikea for both myslf and the client
adde-chair__0174114_PE328020_S4.JPG

I also bought some chair cushions in bright pink (my salon colour scheme is white, hot pink and lime green) The chair is called ADDE and cost £10!! The cushions were about £3 and they Velcro at the back so they don't move. Absolute bargain and they are really comfy! My tables are the black glass ikea Glasholm tables. Think I paid £35. They are brill. As someone said in a post above they are great for spillages etc, but they show up dust something awful! I also bought some small wire drawers fro ikea for under the table to hold al my stuff and they were £10 I think.

Ikea was a complete godsend when I set up, but the good thing is even though I may not have spent a lot, they look great, they don't look cheap.

Hope this helps! xx

Hi,

these are the chairs I bought from ikea for both myslf and the client
adde-chair__0174114_PE328020_S4.JPG

I also bought some chair cushions in bright pink (my salon colour scheme is white, hot pink and lime green) The chair is called ADDE and cost £10!! The cushions were about £3 and they Velcro at the back so they don't move. Absolute bargain and they are really comfy! My tables are the black glass ikea Glasholm tables. Think I paid £35. They are brill. As someone said in a post above they are great for spillages etc, but they show up dust something awful! I also bought some small wire drawers fro ikea for under the table to hold al my stuff and they were £10 I think.

Ikea was a complete godsend when I set up, but the good thing is even though I may not have spent a lot, they look great, they don't look cheap.

Hope this helps! xx

Thanks thats a great help!x

Latest posts

Back