Keratin Blowdry didn't work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theminxx

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advise please.
I booked a Keratin Blowdry directly through a Salon and they required me to pay in advance. I read a number of things about it online and was concerned either it would ruin my hair (as some of the products contain formaldehyde), or it would not do anything. I have blond extremely tight curls which I have to use curl definer on to stop it going super frizzy. I was told this would relax the hair (not straighten which I am clear on). So I expected not to have to use styling products in it for a few months (and have been informed I shouldn't). Anyway - the treatment cost was £59. I decided last minute that I wanted to cancel due to the concerns. The woman on the phone was extremely unhelpful and rude. She said I could not cancel as the appointment was the next day and she would not give me a refund. Basically they said there was nothing they would do. I asked her name and she refused to give it to me. I spoke to another person at the salon and she was a bit nicer and a bit more re-assuring. She convinced me the treatment would be good for my hair and people are happy with results. And its good for any hair.

So - I went along for the treatment. She said she has never done the treatment in hair like mine - and the product she used said on the bottle "medium wave" which my hair is definitely not! She seemed to think this would be fine for my hair though. The lady spent a long time doing my hair - she blow dried it straight and it looked really good for that style. I was impressed with the way it looked at the time and was hopeful that once I washed my hair the curls would be much tamer. I was told I needed to buy Keratin Shampoo/conditioner for £30 as well otherwise the treatment would be stripped out. I was also told not to get my hair wet and wait 3 days before washing it. I have followed the care instructions precisely. Not a drop of water has touched my hair! I have now washed it and am very disappointed. My hair is just as fluffy as it was before the treatment - and I have been told not to put anything in it so it looks a mess!

I just want to know what my rights are here and how I should approach this. I did try to cancel initially because I wasn't convinced and they wouldn't let me. I'm not convinced they will be particularly helpful now!!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Claire

Latest posts

Back