Lash tint not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I did an eyelash tint for 2 ladies at the beginning of the week. One of them mentioned she’d had them done before years ago & it only lasted a few days, & the other hadn’t had it done before.
I have just received a message saying that it hasn’t lasted again & the other ladies (her partner) eyes have been a bit sore. They’re not blaming me, they just don’t want it done again next time I see them but just wanted to find out why they may not have lasted more than a few days as never had this happen before. I mentioned not using anything oily on the lashes to remove makeup etc & all the usual aftercare.

With the lady whos eyes are a bit sore, Patch tested a few days beforehand with negative reactions & eyes were fine during tinting.

I feel like I should perhaps offer them something? They’re lovely clients & it’s such a shame because both their lashes looked great afterwards!

Never had this happen to me not ever. A bit of a mystery !
Has she been swimming/sunbathing to cause them to fade? Crying a lot due to a bereavement? Hay fever causing her to have runny eyes? All is possible.
Could you check the tint and peroxide expiry dates? Start a fresh and try the lady that has not had sore eyes with a new tint that has been newly opened?
As for the sore client, she could have dry eyes and not know it or could have a slight proneness to eczema and it has upset the delicate skin.

Either way, don't admit it is any fault on your part, swap the tint and re tint the first client - perhaps another brand maybe? As for the second client there isn't much you can do. I'd probably suggest retailing her a lash serum to enhance the condition and mascara that is hypo allergenic if you retail them as I do.

Good luck.

Never had this happen to me not ever. A bit of a mystery !
Has she been swimming/sunbathing to cause them to fade? Crying a lot due to a bereavement? Hay fever causing her to have runny eyes? All is possible.
Could you check the tint and peroxide expiry dates? Start a fresh and try the lady that has not had sore eyes with a new tint that has been newly opened?
As for the sore client, she could have dry eyes and not know it or could have a slight proneness to eczema and it has upset the delicate skin.

Either way, don't admit it is any fault on your part, swap the tint and re tint the first client - perhaps another brand maybe? As for the second client there isn't much you can do. I'd probably suggest retailing her a lash serum to enhance the condition and mascara that is hypo allergenic if you retail them as I do.

Good luck.
Thanks RosieR.
Same here, this has never happened to me either in 14 years!
I know the tint & peroxide are in date as they’ve not long been started & no one else has had any issues as far as I’m aware. In fact most tinting clients still have some colour on when I see them 4-6 weeks after application!
I will ask about the swimming/sunbathing/hayfever just to make sure but when I replied to their message it sounds like they’re truly not bothered about it.

Latest posts

Back