Lifted nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lau2812

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got acrylics on and have just severely banged my nail - it stings so much!!!
Anyway, I've just seen that about half of my natural nail seems to have lifted from the nail bed (from hallway down the nail upwards) but there is absolutely no blood whatsoever. I've put a plaster around the nail to prevent it from catching further, but what I want to know is, if there is risk of infection etc whilst I'm waiting for the nail to heal. Also, is it safe for me to remove my nails tomorrow using acetone? Thanks in advance xx

I wouldn't put acetone anywhere near it! It'll sting a lot more if you do [emoji15]
I'd cut the length right down with normal nail clippers and keep it taped/secured until it's healed a bit and you're able to remove it

I did this myself a year ago, but there was blood!! I kept it wrapped up for a couple of days, i banged it on my hairbrush and it was pussing and my god it hurt!

But after a few days the pain eased and I just left it. About a week later I was able to remove, my natural nail looked awful but is fine now

Latest posts

Back