Lightening black hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cams and AcidPerm-this highlight the hell out of it is a very popular American technique often known as a "color transition" or some such thing.

:rolleyes:
Cams and AcidPerm-this highlight the hell out of it is a very popular American technique often known as a "color transition" or some such thing.
I've never heard the term "color transition" in my life as a technique, for as often as you just made that seem nor are highlights an American technique. Come one now. #jokefail :rolleyes::p But I am excited about this color remover adventure. Since you live in the US, and hate highlights ;), do you have a color remover recommendation I can start trying to rid myself of my apparent ignorance? :D

Didn't say you were ignorant, and didn't say I used the right term to describe it. Also, I didn't say that I hate highlights. I was specifically referring to highlighting black hair when a client is wanting to move away from black. Anyway, since both the knowledgeable geeks I was actually naming didn't seem familiar with the technique, I was pointing out that it is a fairly standard color correction method in the US as opposed to removing the dark dye from the entire head and going back in with the target shade. As far as the color reducer goes, Goldwell makes a nice one.

Didn't say you were ignorant, and didn't say I used the right term to describe it. Also, I didn't say that I hate highlights. I was specifically referring to highlighting black hair when a client is wanting to move away from black. Anyway, since both the knowledgeable geeks I was actually naming didn't seem familiar with the technique, I was pointing out that it is a fairly standard color correction method in the US as opposed to removing the dark dye from the entire head and going back in with the target shade. As far as the color reducer goes, Goldwell makes a nice one.
Ha! I really do feel ignorant about color reducers though. So I'm gonna use some until I have actual experience with them! I wasn't placing that on you. Total sarcasm against myself. Same with the highlights. I know you have a ton of color knowledge! I've read it on multiple color forums. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll pick a few up on my way to work tomorrow. The green/ashes I was referring to above is almost always Goldwell's 5-9 NA's. I LOVE them <3

An all over application will not do anything to the black colored hair as color does not lift color.Why not color remove then bleach her up to a lv.5/6 raw then color target color & get rid of the black all together?

An all over application will not do anything to the black colored hair as color does not lift color.Why not color remove then bleach her up to a lv.5/6 raw then color target color & get rid of the black all together?
I don't think an all over color was suggested by anyone? That's pretty common knowledge that color won't lift color. And color remover seems to be the way everyone would go!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448003442.160140.jpg

This is my own natural hair,I was wella colour touch 2 and I am now a 5/1, I used loreal effasol with 30 vol on the ends untill they lifted up,washed off and went trough the mid lengths with effasol and 20 vol,let it process to the same colour as the ends,I put some wella special mix 28 green on my ends with low peroxide to kill the red which worked brilliantly [emoji16] applied 5/1 colour touch and got the result I wanted,I have to add my hair was in brilliant condition before starting and still is! My hair is 5/1 from root to tip but looks dark on the photo and I'm very happy [emoji4][emoji16][emoji3][emoji166]

Latest posts

Back