Local nail tech wants to book in with me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockinthe80s

Reaction score
So a local nail tech has asked to book in to have her nails done with me. Now this is fine, as even techs sometimes like to be pampered.

What's puzzling me is that I offered a treatment swap instead of her paying me, which she seems reluctant to do. Said she would rather pay me?

Anyone think this is dodgy and she's just maybe coming to check out her competition and perhaps get ideas on how I do some of my nails?

I'm just not sure. :$

No I hate doing treatment swaps and would much rather pay. I've done treatment swaps and never had the treatment back so to me, you have a treatment, you pay. Easy x

I know when I go and get my nails done I always pay would never dream of doing a treatment swap, that's the point for me it's a treat if I am doing the techs nails or another treatment in exchange I may as well have just done my own nails. Each to their own I'm sure some techs would love to swap treatments though.

I agree with the previous posts ... if I wanted someone else to do a treatment for me then I want to be a client.

I don't want to be 'mates' and it would feel that way a little bit if I was approached with this kind of offer.

I work alone in a hairdressers and to be honest cant be bothered doing my own nails half the time. I wont even bother attempting to do my own gels I'd rather just get someone else to do it. I go to another salon in town, the girl knows Im a tech and understands that i just dont want to do my own. I personally wouldnt want to do a treatment swap I'd rather just relax, get them done and pay with my hard earned cash and not have to worry about finding time to do a free set for someone else.

Just do her treatment and have a nice present chat [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Latest posts

Back