L'Oreal majirel grey coverage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joz :) I tend to agree with pancakes because I like to see a deeper, cooler colour at the roots. You will only see "root glow" if the colour on the lengths and ends is already deeper or cooler, for example if the client has an opaque box colour through the ends.

There are other times that you can add natural basic into a grey coverage client, for example if your client was a natural level 4 and she had 50% white you could use 1/2 5.3 + 1/2 5 to subdue the warmth that will be exposed from the darker hairs when lifting (you could also use a neutralising formula, but this is just an example).

Adding a deep basic e.g. 5.0 isn't generally recommended, it has a different levels of ammonia and will give you a more opaque result, but just be careful with banding if you use them in the mixture. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey Joz :) I tend to agree with pancakes because I like to see a deeper, cooler colour at the roots. You will only see "root glow" if the colour on the lengths and ends is already deeper or cooler, for example if the client has an opaque box colour through the ends.

There are other times that you can add natural basic into a grey coverage client, for example if your client was a natural level 4 and she had 50% white you could use 1/2 5.3 + 1/2 5 to subdue the warmth that will be exposed from the darker hairs when lifting (you could also use a neutralising formula, but this is just an example).

Adding a deep basic e.g. 5.0 isn't generally recommended, it has a different levels of ammonia and will give you a more opaque result, but just be careful with banding if you use them in the mixture. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your info, really appreciate it. Client I have tomorrow I would say is natural base 5 with over 50% grey but not totally white, darker grey at back of the head than the front.
About 6 weeks ago she touched up her roots before she found me with a 5.3 box colour, I saw her yesterday for consult and it's faded closer to a shade 6.3.
I've had so many different responses but think I'm going to go in with 1/2 5 and 1/5 5.3 to avoid glowy roots, do roots first and take through to ends for last 15mins possibly with 10ml warm water...my worry is just covering the grey without it being too flat.

Wish I could contact previous mobile hairdresser and find out what she used!

Thanks for your info, really appreciate it. Client I have tomorrow I would say is natural base 5 with over 50% grey but not totally white, darker grey at back of the head than the front.
About 6 weeks ago she touched up her roots before she found me with a 5.3 box colour, I saw her yesterday for consult and it's faded closer to a shade 6.3.
I've had so many different responses but think I'm going to go in with 1/2 5 and 1/2 5.3 to avoid glowy roots, do roots first and take through to ends for last 15mins possibly with 10ml warm water...my worry is just covering the grey without it being too flat.

Wish I could contact previous mobile hairdresser and find out what she used!

I think you're on the right track, so don't worry! Make sure to apply some cream around the hairline, let it sit for 35 min and she will love it!

I think you're on the right track, so don't worry! Make sure to apply some cream around the hairline, let it sit for 35 min and she will love it!

Thanks Pancakes 😃 have hairline cream all packed ready 👍 x she's off to Portugal week after so if it is a bit dark that will fade it down a bit anyway and like you said previously I can go in with less 5 next time if need be x

Done colour this morning! Opted for 1/4 5 in the end instead of half took through to ends with water for 15 mins and came out perfectly x thanks again for all comments x

👍
I know what you mean, sometimes you just have to decide individuell having the client in front of you.

Hi, just seen this and that was exactly what I would have advised as funny enough I have a client that has the exact same colour and her grey started becoming very stubborn and I was using 5.3 hi richness and it started having a glow so I mix base 6 in hi richess and its perfect as she doesn't like it too dark ��

On the boxes of Majirel colours were the number is, if there is a box around the number you DON'T add golden basic or basic shade. Those colours go straight onto Grey....

On the boxes of Majirel colours were the number is, if there is a box around the number you DON'T add golden basic or basic shade. Those colours go straight onto Grey....

Yes but that's because the boxed numbers ARE the basic and golden basic shades lol ;)

Latest posts

Back