Manicure in 30 mins!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manystyle

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a manicure in 30 mins?

I've been doing nails for 3 yrs but I cannot do a manicure in 30 mins. I'll do it in 40mins....a good manicure in 45!

The salon I work at wants me to do in 30 mins is it possible? I cut file shape, cuticles massage n polish pretty basic.

The salon it's pretty high end it's not a 10 dollar manicure it's a 20 dollar mani

I'm told that many (not being racist) viet salons do manis for 10 dlls and do it fast people go so it must be good. My coworker has been doing nails for 10 yrs and agrees that a good manicure takes more than 30 mins

How long is ok? Please n thank u!

I do a dry manicure and that takes roughly 25-30 minutes. I start with dabbing Cuticle Away on each nail, file and shape, push cuticles, deactivate Cuticle Away with spray bottle of water and wipe away with a piece of couch roll, nip cuticles (if necessary), light massage, Scrub Fresh nail plates, and polish. Worst case scenario, the client needs more cuticle work than normal and it would take me 35-40 minutes.

I do a dry manicure and that takes roughly 25-30 minutes. I start with dabbing Cuticle Away on each nail, file and shape, push cuticles, deactivate Cuticle Away with spray bottle of water and wipe away with a piece of couch roll, nip cuticles (if necessary), light massage, Scrub Fresh nail plates, and polish. Worst case scenario, the client needs more cuticle work than normal and it would take me 35-40 minutes.

That would also be my routine, not that I do many manicures these days as it is all Gel polish my clients want. But I do only book out 30 mins for a basic manicure, 45 minutes if they want a French polish.

Thank u! I like ur technique chickafish. Maibe if I put cuticle remover first then shape it could save time. I like howu said light massage lol. It's true! it's impossible to give a 10 min massage (that's what salon wants)

But clients ask for the water to soak the cuticles. I tell them cuticle away works wonders but some people r still used to putting fingers in bowl. Makes them relax. I'll try that next time! Thank u!

Izzidoll yes I also do a lot of shellac but there always be those people that tried shellac somewhere else n nails got damaged! Sucks to do manis I think!

My clients were the same regarding the soak, but once they saw they're getting the exact same results in less time, they're fine with it. If you find your clients just can't relax, during the massage, go a tiny bit harder on the petrissage on their forearm, and give a few good, firm kneads into the palms and between the fingers. That usually gets them nice and limber then they forget all about the soak.

I've started shaping the nails whilst cuticle away is soaking on and it's sped my cuticle work up no end but I'm still 40 mins for a shellac mani and 30 for a Vinylux mani with no soak x

I book 45 mins for a manicure and I don't soak. However, I do not spend 45 mins actually performing the manicure. I cuticle away, shape and then deactivate CA, remove excess dead skin if necessary and actually spend a few minutes massaging as that is their favourite part. A good 10 mins out of that manicure is spent on their polish drying while I clean up ;) oh and I charge $45. Clients have no issues paying as they are all returning. Those that appreciate quality work pay for it. The $10 mani down the street is not what they want.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank u! It seems some people don't appreciate a 45 mins manicure sometimes witch makes me mad. They come to the salon n want it done 30 min max cuz they r in a hurry or something. Yes Maibe if instead of 20 I'll be 45 they'll appreciate it more lol. U get what u pay for is so true!!

In a spa where I worked we were also allowed 30 min for a regular manicure (and that is with the soak), 45 min for French or Shellac. They were not cheap-$25 at the time for regular manicure (3 years ago). But that did not include drying time-the clients were drying their nails while we already worked on somebody else. I honestly think that it can be done if it's what's expected of you, you get used to it. You just have to practice a lot and learn to work fast. Obviously if somebody has really bad cuticles that would take more time-so you'd just cut on massage. You learn and just do what you have to do-it's not your own business and you can't change the rules, but have to adapt.

I offer a 'File & Polish' (which includes a bit of cuticle work) it takes me 25 mins or 30mins for French Polish
I also offer a 'Spa Manicure' which takes an hour and includes a soak and heated mitts etc.
Hope this is of help

I agree fully with your owners! You should be able to do a full mani with polish and massage in 25-30 mins. I couldn't even leave school before mastering that time frame with ease! Just practice more and get comfortable doing cuticle work faster! Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D800 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can do a manicure in 30 minutes... if i dont talk to my clients. That slows me down. but then if they want french or nail art i wont have time for it. Or if someone's nails are crazy bad. So i like that my salon gives me 45 minutes.

However money wise i kind of wish i could do it in 30 minutes. Then I would make the same per hour as i do with a pedicure.

Last edited:
My salon also does manicures in 30 min. 1 hour for shellac/gel-polish, but I'm usually done in 45

It all depends on what the customer is willing to pay.
If the going rate in your area is cheep as chips....I would be sure to deliver that service in 30 mins......DO NOT GIVE MORE THAN IS PAID FOR!
Today's customer can be a greedy monster :evil:
They will suck the life blood from you if you let them......
I love most of my client's, BUT, always remember they are client's, not you friends, and you do this to make yourself a fair living.......

Latest posts

Back