Micro ring weave variations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the micro ring weave (sew in) with connect 2 hair x

Hi Raynebow, as well as Micro Ring Sew In a lot of clients like the Micro Ring Weft method which is a bit quicker. Because you've already been on a course with us you get a Special Discount Friends Rate:biggrin: if you wish to expand your portfolio of methods.

I've dive micro ring individual method. Would I have to train in the weft method x

Insurance companies will only cover you for the methods your Certificated in. So for example: if you have a certificate for Micro Rings you will have to do a morning course or refresher certification conversion course for micro sew in, or micro wefting.

Hope this helps:biggrin:

What do you all charge for micro ring wefts ?

I'm currently updating my price list and don't know what to price them at as I've only fitted one before and it was my friends old clip ins we used - as a quick fix.

I'm doing a refresher course in a couple of weeks to refresh my mind on the fitting itself but need prices just now..

I was advised before for £15 a row but how many rows do most need ? If I'm looking at buying the Krystal weft from sjk its £96 .. That's a 9ft weft but I don't know how many rows that would be lol xx

Depends on the size of the clients head and thickness of hair. Normally four or five rows is sufficient for a full head. One full packet of wefted hair should be enough.

Depends on the size of the clients head and thickness of hair. Normally four or five rows is sufficient for a full head. One full packet of wefted hair should be enough.

I did think that but looking for a ball park on pricing and can price it per row but don't want to put that then the hair cost ? If that makes sense x

See I'm seeing loads of people say '1 pack, 2 pack etc' but I don't know how much is in a pack ? Since I would be buying this weft its 9ft and would be cut to clients head size ? Xx

I did think that but looking for a ball park on pricing and can price it per row but don't want to put that then the hair cost ? If that makes sense x

See I'm seeing loads of people say '1 pack, 2 pack etc' but I don't know how much is in a pack ? Since I would be buying this weft its 9ft and would be cut to clients head size ? Xx

Go by weight, I use HairPlanet packs which are 120g.
One packet is £180 or 2 packets for £240 x

Can I just ask, (not trained in any weft methods yet but looking into it) why would you want to do the micro sew in (LA weave) instead of just the micro weft (just micro rings) method? Is it more secure/last longer/less damage? Hope this makes sense!

Emily :) xx

Can I just ask, (not trained in any weft methods yet but looking into it) why would you want to do the micro sew in (LA weave) instead of just the micro weft (just micro rings) method? Is it more secure/last longer/less damage? Hope this makes sense!

Completely agree. I have no idea why the sew in with micro rings is even a method, it's really not a nice method at all. But this is the original way I suppose, that's why it's still around x

How do you all find when someone has highlighted hair ? How is best to match the weave ?xx

How do you all find when someone has highlighted hair ? How is best to match the weave ?xx

Lots sell highlighted weaves, piano or more gentle mixes, I think I saw foxy have a large range, beautyworks do.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lots sell highlighted weaves, piano or more gentle mixes, I think I saw foxy have a large range, beautyworks do.

I'm getting mine from sjk and I've mailed them but I just want to make sure before I do the consultation next week x

Sjk take 14 working days for special highlighted orders so they have suggested I buy the main colour and fit some micro rings and stick tips seperate.. This would maybe solve the problem depending on the clients hair colour .. Although I'm doing an offer just now for £135 to get a few in for micro ring wefts and it costs £96 for the weave so don't see I can do the stick tips on top as would make nothing !xx

Try foxy niki, their 20" range is massive, im sure theres mixed colours in 16" too

So went on my refresher training today on the la weave..
Asked my trainer why someone would go for the sewn in la weave as opposed to the micro ring weft and she said the micro ring weft is only a temp 3 week method , but the la weave is a 6/8 week method ?? I was going to add on the training last minute but decided not to xx

Try foxy niki, their 20" range is massive, im sure theres mixed colours in 16" too

I've never used foxy tho? Would you rate them well? I will happily try new suppliers if they have a good rep :) x

Foxy's new 4a wefts are great, amazing colour range, loads of highlighted colours to choose from. Beautyworks are really good too but I think foxy wefts are better value for money and both are grade aaaa quality x

So went on my refresher training today on the la weave..
Asked my trainer why someone would go for the sewn in la weave as opposed to the micro ring weft and she said the micro ring weft is only a temp 3 week method , but the la weave is a 6/8 week method ?? I was going to add on the training last minute but decided not to xx

I just done a maintenance tonight on a girl who had her micro ring weft in for 3 months!

I just done a maintenance tonight on a girl who had her micro ring weft in for 3 months!

I think I'm going to buy a weft and get you to fit it !! Wonder if my mum will pay for it for my Christmas ?? Do you have any appts left just before Christmas ( incase she is happy to allow it :) ) xx

I was trained to use micro sew in when the client has thin and/or blonde hair because you sometimes can see the micro rings on the weft.
The sew in let's you go a little bit higher.
But I don't enjoy making the sew in, and only to them when the customer insists.

Latest posts

Back