Minx and other nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise W

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been tinkering with Minx recently and have also used the Trendy Nail Wraps and the Millennium nails wraps which are fine too. What I cannot work out is why the Millennium wraps are pretty much twice the price of Minx and Trendy to buy per sheet.....anyone have any ideas? I bought Millennium wraps at the London Beauty Show for £**** but they are £12.99 on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I've been tinkering with Minx recently and have also used the Trendy Nail Wraps and the Millennium nails wraps which are fine too. What I cannot work out is why the Millennium wraps are pretty much twice the price of Minx and Trendy to buy per sheet.....anyone have any ideas? I bought Millennium wraps at the London Beauty Show for £**** but they are £12.99 on their website.

Maybe they are selling them to the public and that price is a retail price or taking advantage of a trend??? More fool anyone for buying them in any case.

Maybe they are selling them to the public and that price is a retail price or taking advantage of a trend??? More fool anyone for buying them in any case.

I agree, i have learnt recently that if you buy proffessional products for professional use, you do get it cheeper in the long run because the proffessional brands allow for profit...if that makes sence. You pay a cheaper amount for MINX so that you can charge a reasonable price for your client, However with a retail product, the costomer thinks they are getting a bargain, because they are not payng someone else to do the work. I found this with Acrylic products, when i first started learning i was buying kits from chemists......cost me a fourtune! Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

the website is selling 2 sheets for that price i think it states they do 4 sets but even that is very high, they have just re-branded trendy nail wraps, i looked into stocking them and know what they will be paying, and if they are twice the price then they are taking the mick no need for it, millenium have always been expensive, but that is going a little far

he millenium ones are actually the trendy nail wrap ones!!! x

the millennium web site is set for public prices. if you log onto the trade part of the site you will see that they are actually alot cheaper than the minx.

I agree, i have learnt recently that if you buy proffessional products for professional use, you do get it cheeper in the long run because the proffessional brands allow for profit...if that makes sence. You pay a cheaper amount for MINX so that you can charge a reasonable price for your client, However with a retail product, the costomer thinks they are getting a bargain, because they are not payng someone else to do the work. I found this with Acrylic products, when i first started learning i was buying kits from chemists......cost me a fourtune! Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did you not know that minx sell to the public ? they done a deal with O.P.I and have been available to the public for £10 for the last 2 months!!!!

Did you not know that minx sell to the public ? they done a deal with O.P.I and have been available to the public for £10 for the last 2 months!!!!

The OPI/Minx consumer product is different from the main Minx that is sild to trade only. It is a consumer product, priced for consumers and aimed at consumers. It is not intended to be a pro only product unlike the main Minx range.

This is incorrect.

The OPI wraps that Minx make for the retail shop Sephora are different and not the same material as Minx and in fact are not Minx.

The wraps do not apply the same way and only last a few days. No threat to the professional nail technicians business at all. They are not even called Minx and are made purely for the retail market (as false nails have been for years).

Facts people!!! get your facts straight before you start throwing wrong info around on the www.

blixz proffessional price is by far the cheapest of any of the nail wrap systems people always flog to the public in the end whether its a watered down version of the origanal or not and this always pixxxs professionals off to me its happened alot over the years big investment loads of advertiseing then boom product lands on the high street (st,tropez , decleor,)when i spoke to ideal beauty products about the likely hood of blixz ending up on the high street whether private label or in its brand name they told me they had been approached by large retail outlets and said no and nowhave sole distribution of blixz in the uk which they did not have at first when people were posting on here that they were selling out by going into superdrug so im just voicing my support for my suppliers here here

This is incorrect.

The OPI wraps that Minx make for the retail shop Sephora are different and not the same material as Minx and in fact are not Minx.

The wraps do not apply the same way and only last a few days. No threat to the professional nail technicians business at all. They are not even called Minx and are made purely for the retail market (as false nails have been for years).

Facts people!!! get your facts straight before you start throwing wrong info around on the www.

I was going to reply to that post with "No, i didnt know that....Being very new to the industry, i havnt worked with every brand yet!"
But thanks Geeg for giving the facts! X Mwah X THIS is why i use this site lol x Thank you X

Latest posts

Back