Mixing products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luscious85

Reaction score
Hi,

I was using all Bio Sculpture product for manicures and pedicures as I trained with them and I like it etc, however I found that I preferred the staying power of OPI polishes. I tried switching to some OPI products (soak, scrub etc) but I prefer the quality of the Bio products on that side.

Do any of you geeks use a mix of products for manicures and pedicures? At the moment I'm using OPI polishes but Bio everything else (sanitizer, polish remover, cuticle remover, cuticle oil etc) and they work together fine, but I worry it looks a bit unprofessional?

Laura x

I think that the companies who make Bio or opi would prefer you to use the whole range because you cant advrtise Bio or opi pedicure etc and charge xzy and mix match products.:hug:
However in saying that I think the nail polish application (not gel or acrylic)
is ok if you use one brand base, colour, topcoat, quickdry all from same brand, and use all same brand for mani or pedi range, soak, scrub, cuticle cream, oil, creams, mask.
Reason I say that is some product ingredients clash with others and can or could cause lifting or some other problems and if you get a client who complains (i work in hotel and they can be difficult) they blame first the product if the take further the product house find out you mixing products they will not sell to you anymore ( i know calmo and bio sculpture very strict) or you just get a bad reputation cos one client tell 10 ppl they un happy and 1 happy client prob tell no one. sad fact of life unfortunately:eek:

Hi Nailpod,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I completely agree with you on the mixing front with gels etc - when I did gels I would only use one complete system, never added in any other branded products as this would cause problems and they wouldn't be compatible. I trained in Bio Sculpture gels and then CND Brisa but I'm sadly allergic to both and so am concentrating on luxury manicures and pedicures.

In terms of polishes, I use OPI everything - base, colour, and top coat. It's just the preparation products that are Bio because I like them. I would much prefer to use one brand of everything but for example the OPI scrub just isn't coarse enough and my clients like the Bio one which is really grainy. But OPI polishes are just fantastic, and the Bio ones just don't compare in terms of their staying power.

Thankyou for the advice!

Laura x

Latest posts

Back