Nail damage help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellwna

Reaction score
my client recently had her nails done at a training course but after a few days there was very severe lifting on every nail and after catching one of them it had snapped off one of her nails leaving only a sculpted tip clinging to my clints nail bed that was broken from edge to edge right in the middle , i soaked the full set off without damaging the nail anymore but my client is going on holiday and usually had enhancments on or at least shellac ,,, her nail is starting to heal itself underneath but i dont know if to put anything ontop? i dont want any bacteria growing under whatever i apply?

I would use an antiseptic on her nails hun (such as Young Nails Thymol), dehydrate the nail plates, and apply very short acrylics or gel polish

But I would only do this if there was no 'oozing' 'weeping' or 'open' sores to the nail beds.

She must also keep ontop of them in terms of lifting - as soon as she spots any signs of it (if she has any of course) she must contact you right away to advise, as water damage from lifting could be a serious game changer if her nails are just about fully healed.

I hope that makes sense, im no good with professional talk lol!

my client recently had her nails done at a training course but after a few days there was very severe lifting on every nail and after catching one of them it had snapped off one of her nails leaving only a sculpted tip clinging to my clints nail bed that was broken from edge to edge right in the middle , i soaked the full set off without damaging the nail anymore but my client is going on holiday and usually had enhancments on or at least shellac ,,, her nail is starting to heal itself underneath but i dont know if to put anything ontop? i dont want any bacteria growing under whatever i apply?

Hi ElleWNA,firstly ouch!!! I cringed reading! In this case you can apply something like CND Shellac, or polish or even a tip and overlay PROVIDING the PREP / PEP you do is thorough. ScrubFresh is your best friend here as is NailFresh if you want to go one step further. There should be no risk of bacterial infection (greenies) if you have done a thorough PREP / PEP. I would probably go the CND Shellac route and by the time your client has come back from holiday, she will have more growth.

Remove, reapply and in no time, that poorly nail will have grown out and be as good as new!!! Hope this helps.
Love & Respect
Samantha Sweet

Latest posts

Back