New acrylic brush for every monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sure I've read about not mixing products in your brush and so have kept separate l&p brushes for my CND, EZ Flow and Harmony l&p products (sample sizes from trade shows) but I now have a trial size radical and trial moxie monomer bottles so do I need seperate brushes for those?

Logic tells me either one brush for all or different brushes for each. If it's ok to use the same brush for moxie/radical/retention liquids then why not for ez flow etc? Any science geeks out there this morning?

Thanks-just don't want to ruin any more brushes!

Hi guys, I'm sure I've read about not mixing products in your brush and so have kept separate l&p brushes for my CND, EZ Flow and Harmony l&p products (sample sizes from trade shows) but I now have a trial size radical and trial moxie monomer bottles so do I need seperate brushes for those?

Logic tells me either one brush for all or different brushes for each. If it's ok to use the same brush for moxie/radical/retention liquids then why not for ez flow etc? Any science geeks out there this morning?

Thanks-just don't want to ruin any more brushes!

I would for now, use an old but clean brush for your try me kit.

Moxi, Radical, Retention+ are all made by CND but Doug Schoon does recommend a different brush for each monomer if you are using all 3 on a regular basis to avoid any contamination of the monomer you are using. Most of us choose one or two for regular use and stick to that.

It gets expensive for sure if you are jumping around between brands ... once you settle down it no longer is.

For try me kits I would not go to the expense of a new brush for each. Just make sure it is a clean as you can make it, of any old monomer and away you go. Many times I have cleaned an old brush with a good shampoo and then a thorough rinse and then let dry over night in order to test out something new.

Thanks very much Geeg. I used some cheaper brushes I already had to try out the EZ Flow and Harmony kits so wasn't too worried there but didn't want to ruin my 'Retention brush' if you see what I mean?

Thanks for the answer :)

see i was always told buy me " tutor" to never clean my brush with anything except monomor,

Obviously i would trust you have alot more expirience then what she had by a long mile. But why would i be told this, if i could infact shampoo it like you say,

Its annoying when your told something but a person thats ment to be wel educated within the nail industry and you pay and trust that their expert advice is up to scratch..... Hmmmm i guess its another thing learned lol xxx

see i was always told buy me " tutor" to never clean my brush with anything except monomor,

Obviously i would trust you have alot more expirience then what she had by a long mile. But why would i be told this, if i could infact shampoo it like you say,

Its annoying when your told something but a person thats ment to be wel educated within the nail industry and you pay and trust that their expert advice is up to scratch..... Hmmmm i guess its another thing learned lol xxx

Your educator is not wrong and Doug Schoon would agree with her ... my suggestion was for a one off trial of a new product, you could do it to avoid buying an expensive new brush just to trail a product. I had hoped I had made that clear in my post. You would not switch between monomers every day as a regular thing but in this instance and to trial something on yourself, you could do as I suggested.

oh ok lol, sorry, my bad! xx

Latest posts

Back