Ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourGirly

Reaction score
I've got a good ideas - let's start another ombré thread. I've been thinking all week we need a place for all things ombré- feel free to post pics, discuss ideas, share your issues and be an ombré geek!

(I would be rather nice to keep it all wrapped up in this tiny space too)

I'll start, did a lovely colour correction free hand do dah today. Root tint, got out my trusty paddle and applied some lovely pieces of platinium and 30vol toned with 7.13 richesse. Lush.

My tip is if you want a soft sunkissed balayage on a natural brunette, try using majimeche! It is obviously a different consistency to platinium, but is nice work with and I like how it lifts the hair, especially if you are going to tone it with a warm colour.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412498186.901673.jpg

thoughts on this?

Beautiful-really like that Tom can I ask what formula u used??

Sent from my A1-810 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone got any tips for tinting the top if the client has already blonde on the ends? I've only really pre lightened the ends when doing balayage.

Sarah xo

Yes id like some help with tinting blonde roots to create a ombre / root stretch look x

Framesi Glamour 6+6.46 on the root.. foils of 1) Framesi Glamour 8.36 2) Redken Chromatics 9Gi and then toned it all with Shades EQ Gloss 09NB and a bit of 09V 😊

I've got a good ideas - let's start another ombré thread. I've been thinking all week we need a place for all things ombré- feel free to post pics, discuss ideas, share your issues and be an ombré geek!

(I would be rather nice to keep it all wrapped up in this tiny space too)

I'll start, did a lovely colour correction free hand do dah today. Root tint, got out my trusty paddle and applied some lovely pieces of platinium and 30vol toned with 7.13 richesse. Lush.

Hey! Sounds lush how about some pictures! Xx

Love that Tom
X

Hi! If I'm only needing to do the root stretch and blend often I will do the root colour for a few inches, then a colour approx 2-3 shades lighter for a few inches (smudging it into the root colour so no lines) and feather it. Ill then comb in towards the blonde for say the final 5-10 mins of development xxx

Hi! If I'm only needing to do the root stretch and blend often I will do the root colour for a few inches, then a colour approx 2-3 shades lighter for a few inches (smudging it into the root colour so no lines) and feather it. Ill then comb in towards the blonde for say the final 5-10 mins of development xxx

Thank you Siobrennan I will keep this technique in mind

Sarah xo

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412545210.731990.jpg
This last was box dyed 'icy blonde' all over, looks so much better like this!

It might just be the lighting but I can't see an Ombré effect here on these pictures?

I think it's the lighting! On the first pic the roots actually look a lot darker than they do there, and the second pic the ends are still pretty light in the after pic. Damn camera phone! Both of these were taken in artificial light too as they were evening appointments.

This is how I do it on L6 and above.
Powder lightner roots to ends
Use what's not going to fry ends.
The roots will be a bit warm but it's ok.
Wash all out and shampoo.
Tone roots down to eyeline with target shade eg. Level 7 or 8.
Tone ends either by quick emulsify for a beige creme look or mix up again for something brighter.

My friend did me an ombre yesterday! I have been dying to get one but wanted a new weave but I can afford it atm so I bit the bullet we coloured my existing weave and chopped a bit off aswell :D

Before me with the long dark hair of course.

And the after excuse the ratty mess it's pouring with rain today!

Sarah xo

Attachments

• 1412754431350.jpg
    1412754431350.jpg
    59.2 KB
  • 1412754462301.jpg
    1412754462301.jpg
    48.3 KB
  • 1412754473139.jpg
    1412754473139.jpg
    50.8 KB

Latest posts