Pamper event (not party) ideas help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi,
I am just looking for some advice on what you can or have offered at pamper evenings. I mean the sort that are held at schools or ladies pamper and shopping events not the type people book and you go to their house.

I have done a search but mainly found pamper party advice. (and I wouldn't have time to do full sets of gel polish)

I am new and almost qualified and looking into doing this when I start up so any advice would be really helpful and most appreciated.

At the moment I have decided to steer towards just offering Gelish and nail art.
I obviously can do the full manicures too but haven't purchased normal nail polished yet. Also I want to push the gelish as like I said above, that will be my main focus.

I was thinking maybe a free taster finger in gelish with maybe some simple nail art... then hopefully people will get the experience how well it wears and be hooked!

Obviously doing this I wouldn't be taking any money but would hope to take bookings... maybe offering 10% off their first treatment with me if booked within 6 weeks or somethings.

Then I would plan to take nail pops with my colour range and some art designs... print some pictures and make a portfolio... have pricelists/buiness cards to hand out.

Any other ideas? What have you done that has/hasn't been successful?

Thanks for your help in advance :D

Hi,
I am just looking for some advice on what you can or have offered at pamper evenings. I mean the sort that are held at schools or ladies pamper and shopping events not the type people book and you go to their house.

I have done a search but mainly found pamper party advice. (and I wouldn't have time to do full sets of gel polish)

I am new and almost qualified and looking into doing this when I start up so any advice would be really helpful and most appreciated.

At the moment I have decided to steer towards just offering Gelish and nail art.
I obviously can do the full manicures too but haven't purchased normal nail polished yet. Also I want to push the gelish as like I said above, that will be my main focus.

I was thinking maybe a free taster finger in gelish with maybe some simple nail art... then hopefully people will get the experience how well it wears and be hooked!

Obviously doing this I wouldn't be taking any money but would hope to take bookings... maybe offering 10% off their first treatment with me if booked within 6 weeks or somethings.

Then I would plan to take nail pops with my colour range and some art designs... print some pictures and make a portfolio... have pricelists/buiness cards to hand out.

Any other ideas? What have you done that has/hasn't been successful?

Thanks for your help in advance :D

I would definitely purchase a polish range - take a look at CND Vinylux - it's amazing!! And then offer mini manicures and pedicures - I think you would be doing yourself out of quite a bit of custom by not offering anything other than a sample finger as other therapists are likely to be offering mini treatments. I did a pamper evening last night and took my Vinylux along with me for ladies to look at whilst i was doing treatments and had a great response and sold a fair few bottles to customers and had a few mobile bookings! Make sure you take plenty of price lists and business cards x

I would definitely purchase a polish range - take a look at CND Vinylux - it's amazing!! And then offer mini manicures and pedicures - I think you would be doing yourself out of quite a bit of custom by not offering anything other than a sample finger as other therapists are likely to be offering mini treatments. I did a pamper evening last night and took my Vinylux along with me for ladies to look at whilst i was doing treatments and had a great response and sold a fair few bottles to customers and had a few mobile bookings! Make sure you take plenty of price lists and business cards x

Can this be purchased without CND training?

Yes it can be purchased provided you have a manicure certificate x

I agree that taking a regular polish (vinylux would be perfect) and doing polish only or file and polish would be perfect.

Try searching the word "school" in the search bar, you should get quite a few threads come up as it has been discussed on here a few times. There was also a recent thread where someone was doing an outside event, but i've forgotten the title, and there are a lot of ideas on there.

Good luck xx

I'm doing a play group summer fair for my mums work in a few weeks, I offer Gellux so was going to do a pink nail with Gellux and normal polish best matching on all other 9 fingers in the hope that it will show how great a gel polish is! Quick, easy and a great way to make money :)! Even if they only vook in for a normal manicure after that! Or any of the other treatments i offer :) I saw this on here a few months ago and thought it was an amazing idea!! Xx

I've done quite a few of these and mostly do mini mani and pedi! Xx

I'm doing a play group summer fair for my mums work in a few weeks, I offer Gellux so was going to do a pink nail with Gellux and normal polish best matching on all other 9 fingers in the hope that it will show how great a gel polish is! Quick, easy and a great way to make money :)! Even if they only vook in for a normal manicure after that! Or any of the other treatments i offer :) I saw this on here a few months ago and thought it was an amazing idea!! Xx

So you wouldnt charge for this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i do pamper evenings at local schools and i offer shellac slightly discounted and do the quickest prep ever so manage to do shellac in 20-30 mins, i take along plenty of price lists, nail art wheels, photo albums of my work so they can see what i offer xx

So you wouldnt charge for this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry yes I would charge the price for a normal mini manicure and give a free pinky nail of Gellux to show how different it is to normal polish x

Sorry yes I would charge the price for a normal mini manicure and give a free pinky nail of Gellux to show how different it is to normal polish x

The only prob of just one nail is how does the client get it off - if the pick it off, which they are likely to do then you run the risk of them deciding that gel ruins your nails. Also normal polish mani plus doing in and out of lamp for the taster nail will be far more hassle than its worth.

The only prob of just one nail is how does the client get it off - if the pick it off, which they are likely to do then you run the risk of them deciding that gel ruins your nails. Also normal polish mani plus doing in and out of lamp for the taster nail will be far more hassle than its worth.

I agree. If I only have small slots and therefore do mini manis and pedis rather than shellac I make sure my nails are shellaced and take my colour wheels along so people can have a look and I offer 20% off their first shellac if they book a mobile appointment with me on the night for a future night if that makes sense.

Don't make it too complicated for yourself, I would do one or the other depending on how big your time slots are and how fast you polish! Plus the majority of people probably wont want one nail a slightly different colour unless its an accent nail :) x

i had a client the other day who had gone to a pamper eve and had normalpolish and then regretted it as she couldnt do anything or look at anything for fear of smudging her nails!! so id either offer your gel polish or invest in vinylux. plus the last time i did a pamper eve was in a room with 3 other nail techs who were doing normal polish and their clients kept coming back as they had smudged nails so in the end they had a queue for re polish!! just a thought to think about xx

Latest posts

Back