Remi cachet mini tips & retipping help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer27

Reaction score
Hi hoping someone can help shed some light on the above. I've been using Remi cachet elegance range and their mini tips regularly for a few months. I started to experience issues when it came to the first maintenance appointments with pretty much each client, at first I put it down to aftercare but when my regulars started having issues I knew it was going to be a product issue. The tip basically dissolves to mush and does not allow you to refit easily, even after 10 weeks wear. I now know this is due to the German keratin they use and probably how small the tip is, anyway I contacted Additional lengths who informed me last week that they were changing their tips to a memory style tip which would prevent having this issue. At first ok great as inwas just glad the issue was being rectified, but within this last week I've had complaints and have had to spend time rectifying issues after maintenance appointments, which has cost me time and money so I was left feeling pretty frustrated! I contacted AD again and spoke to the manager who basically told me is was aftercare, blah blah.... Basically the usual story you get that they try and hide behind. She then went on to tell me that these extensions should be re tipped on every maintenance and that this is jus common practice ??! I asked where it stated this and she told me the website did so I was left feeling like kicking myself as had I have known this I would have never used them in the first place, who has time to retip extensions on every maintenance ?!! And especially on budget hair too! I had a nose on the AD website and was surprised to see the product information had actually been updated to their new memory tip so she basically just quoted off the new description! I then went into the actual RC website and no where on their product information does it state the hair needs retipping on every maintenance appointment ? So my question is, has anyone else experienced this issue, was anyone else not aware either and what should I do?! Thank you :)

Not used them but asked a lot of people who do. They all say they retip every time they do maintainence. If they were tipped with Italian keratin they wouldn't go mushy but the rings / tubes would slip as they're so small.

I had exactly the same issue with German keratin angel locks. The hair was lush but had to retip as they went to mush for maintenance. I might has well have bonded them in so I don't bother with mini tips any more.

I've never used them personally so can't comment on that
I use transform extensions and they have launched them this week I have used their nano for minths now and never need to retip as its Italian keratin and the mini to are the same,may solve your problem

I've never used them personally so can't comment on that

I use transform extensions and they have launched them this week I have used their nano for minths now and never need to retip as its Italian keratin and the mini to are the same,may solve your problem

Have you used them yet? The mini tips tipped with Italian keratin? The rings slip with hard keratin so that's why they use German.

I have ordered 20 strands to trial but haven't as yet

I have ordered 20 strands to trial but haven't as yet

I would be interested to know if they slip. Only time will tell!

Hi hoping someone can help shed some light on the above. I've been using Remi cachet elegance range and their mini tips regularly for a few months. I started to experience issues when it came to the first maintenance appointments with pretty much each client, at first I put it down to aftercare but when my regulars started having issues I knew it was going to be a product issue. The tip basically dissolves to mush and does not allow you to refit easily, even after 10 weeks wear. I now know this is due to the German keratin they use and probably how small the tip is, anyway I contacted Additional lengths who informed me last week that they were changing their tips to a memory style tip which would prevent having this issue. At first ok great as inwas just glad the issue was being rectified, but within this last week I've had complaints and have had to spend time rectifying issues after maintenance appointments, which has cost me time and money so I was left feeling pretty frustrated! I contacted AD again and spoke to the manager who basically told me is was aftercare, blah blah.... Basically the usual story you get that they try and hide behind. She then went on to tell me that these extensions should be re tipped on every maintenance and that this is jus common practice ??! I asked where it stated this and she told me the website did so I was left feeling like kicking myself as had I have known this I would have never used them in the first place, who has time to retip extensions on every maintenance ?!! And especially on budget hair too! I had a nose on the AD website and was surprised to see the product information had actually been updated to their new memory tip so she basically just quoted off the new description! I then went into the actual RC website and no where on their product information does it state the hair needs retipping on every maintenance appointment ? So my question is, has anyone else experienced this issue, was anyone else not aware either and what should I do?! Thank you :)
Hey sorry to jump in on ur post with abit of a irevellivent question but do u find the mini tips slip any more then silicone lined micro rings? X

Latest posts

Back