Removing cuticle - wet or dry??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you remove cuticles, wet or dry?

• I always use a cuticle remover to remove cuticles

Votes: 200 51.9%
  • I only use a dual tool to remove cuticle, no remover

Votes: 42 10.9%
  • I do a bit of both depending on the clients needs

Votes: 143 37.1%

• Total voters
I was taught to push back the eponychium with the round end of the propusher and then scrape the cuticle from the nail plate with the blade end, no softner or remover. Have to say its my weak area as it feels bad to me to scrape. The one time my tutor did my nails I loved my nails but the prep part made my teeth curl up. When I did the manicure part of thr course we were shown to use cuticle remover but with an orange stick wrapped in cotton wool to remove it.

i'm pretty new to this and was taught (not good training) to just use hoof stick to push back cuticle then using other end (orange stick shape) to just make small round circular movements to remove any "bits" of cuticle...all done completly dry.i've been having lifting problems,and have been going through prep to try and eliminate what the problems could be,have brought a brush on cuticle remover,would you recommend i do this before all infills etc or just when initially putting new set on??? sorry if this is daft question!!! xxx

Hi have a look at the prep tutorial on here.....just click on prep...and see if that helps...and Yes you do prep and remove the non living tissue from the nail in a rebalance....after the file prep and before application....HTH

When I have a new client getting a new set of nails, I apply cuticle remover and citrus soak/water to rinse off. On subsequent rebalances, I do dry cuticle work.

this is generally what i do too. unless i get someone back for rebalance who obviously does nothing with with their cuticle oil. in this case i use some cuticle remover. i generally use cnd cuticle remover, however i have found the hive cuticle remover to be excellent and readily available from many beauty wholesalers.

Latest posts

Back