Salon furniture help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khushkhush

Reaction score
Hi everyone new here wondering if someone can suggest good sites to buy salon furniture from please. I looked up a lot but no luck in finding a good and reasonably priced furniture. Would appreciate if someone can suggest please. Thanks khush

Ellisons have couches and salon furniture however most people just buy clinical looking furniture from Ikea, argos, amazon etc

Thanks for the reply I am after styling chairs and back washes mirrors etc will check Ellisons

Hi, You might want to think about good quality dust/vapour/virus extraction before you get a visit from your local Health and Safety Officer from the Council. Take a look at www.ravair.co.uk

Good furniture is not ‘reasonable”. Professional equipment is not sold in large volumes so it’s a lot more expensive than domestic products. It’s also in constant use so one day in a salon is like a week in a home. It needs to be very high spec.

For example, when I started in business I worked in a salon where the previous owner had put down good quality flooring that was intended for domestic use. It started to crack within 18 months, it had holes by 3 years and was a trip hazard (even after several attempts at repair; in 5 years.

I put down commercial grade flooring that was more than double the price. My turnover tripled in 3 years so we were much busier than my predecessor. After 8 years (even during the pandemic we were busier than my predecessor) my flooring looks like new.

In my work loo I bought a fairly basic (but stylish) sink and loo combo that was mid range domestic quality. It’s needed constant cleaning to keep it looking respectable even though it doesn’t get used as much as my home bathroom. I couldn’t afford to spend more but it’s been a false economy - installation cost me over £2k and I’ll have to spend that again to replace.

My advice is to research the brands sold in the big wholesalers and then Google for a smaller supplier who works on a more modest mark-up. And avoid imported goods that haven’t been designed with the needs of over-fed Europeans in mind. It’s uncomfortable for clients to be scrunched up on too small furniture and you need good ergonomics to avoid back problems etc for the staff.

Also work out carefully what you need, all the hairdressers I’ve ever walked past have empty basins and workstations that are never in use. Cramming in the maximum number of everything sounds sensible when fitting out but also consider the volume of noise and bustle generated if every workstation is in use. Ask yourself whether maxing out equipment it will create a practical work environment that makes customers feel welcomed and relaxed.

One tip - I’d caution against buying chairs built into washbasins. Chairs wear much faster than a sink so you need to replace them regularly whereas the sink will last much longer.

A final piece of advice - consider second hand and ex-display. There are often bargains around online from cancelled orders and failed within 3 years businesses. Good quality items can be refitted.

Latest posts

Back