Scented candles that do actually smell when lit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, i normally but the glade candles the ones that disolve like into oil.The smell is lovely but they dont last long especially the price of them.I want them for my beauty room so anyone got any advice would be great.
Where from and what prices are they?

:hug::hug:

The Yankee candles 'Housewarmers' are the best candles. They have so many fragrances to choose from and they burn for hours and hours and the fragrance goes right through the house. xxx

The Yankee candles 'Housewarmers' are the best candles. They have so many fragrances to choose from and they burn for hours and hours and the fragrance goes right through the house. xxx
I second this. Yankee Candles really do leave a lovely lingering scent and last for ages. They are quite pricey but you get what you pay for.

Eve Taylor now do a range of aromatherapy candles which smell gorgeous. They burn for 80 hours too. I use them in my salon all the time now.

PartyLite candles also have long lasting scents. I used to get very cross that scented candles didn't last. I found out why - it's because with cheap candles they just spray the outside of the candle with fragrance!

I second this. Yankee Candles really do leave a lovely lingering scent and last for ages. They are quite pricey but you get what you pay for.

I Third this too ... I have the Shortbread one at the moment in my living room & it smells gorgeous. Yankee also have pods which you put in a burner & they last for ages too!

i agree with the yankee candles AND the party light ones......anyone sourced any reasonably priced yankee candles? they are hellishly expensive!!

amb x

i agree with the yankee candles AND the party light ones......anyone sourced any reasonably priced yankee candles? they are hellishly expensive!!

amb x

Amb, the pods I said about are 99p & IMO last just as long as a candle. You put them in a burner with the tea lights underneath, when your finished with them, the pod form back into a candle consitency.

Amb, the pods I said about are 99p & IMO last just as long as a candle. You put them in a burner with the tea lights underneath, when your finished with them, the pod form back into a candle consitency.

sounds good!!! never seen them !

off to go and google !

Forget Yankee (at the fear of being shot here) but I tried those and they didnt smell enough or for long enough and they were really expensive.

Go to ~Wicknwax Highly Scented UK Candles~Scented Handmade Candles, Bath Bombs & Soap By The Slice and try hers. She hand pours all of her candles to order to ensure that the scent is strong.

I used some of the buttons (like tarts but smaller) on her site and ONE button lasted me about 4 weeks in my oil burner. There are loads of scents to pick from too and I have also tried some of her bath smellies and all i can say is they are lush lush lush!!!!!!!!!

N Joy!!!!!

Iv been having a look and reading the different smells they have i can actually smell them in my mind im going crazy i think lol! anyway i have saved them in my favourites before i buy!, anymore anyone??

Thanks to the replys so far xx

Hi everyone, I have read your threads and IMHO, I think you are all right in what you are saying. However, remember that when the client comes into the treatment room they do not want to be overpowered by scented candles :). If you feel that a certain candle smells really nice and maintains it's strength of smell for a long time, then you should be mindful that it does not become overpowering for the client and yourselves. I really hope this help :hug:.

Thanks Bebe, yes your right about being overpowering!, the glad scented oils Festival in Tuscany iv used are just right eveyone will say "oooo wot smells its lovely" but they dont last thats the problem.I think i will give the others ago aswell i also like the glade air freshner for the house the fresh linen one is lush aswell.Thanks

How about using an essential oil burner, the ones where the tealight goes underneath and you add water and a few drops of your favourite oil to the 'cup' on the top? Essential oils are excellent and there are lots of different fragrances to choose from all with different properties.

hth's

Anyone tried Jo Malone candles? Can be quite expensive, but you only have to light it for a short while and it gives off its fragrance for ages. Not too overpowering either. Alternatively, she does something called a scent surround cube, it's like a luxury plug in! You can control how much fragrance and how often. I've got one at home and people always say that the house smells lovely. (just get someone to buy you it otherwise you would have to take out a mortgage!)

I adore yankee candles, i am a "fresh cut roses" fan.....if you dont want to have an overpowering scent then their tarts and tart burners are great for small rooms.best candles i have used...and i have used lts of different brands...

which scents do you recommend from the yankee Housewarmer Candles range?

I love

Cottage Breeze
Clean Cotton
Egyptian Cotton
Babypowder
Rose
Cranberry Chutney (discontinued sadly)
Manderin Cranberry
Lemon Sage

I could go on and on.

The large ones are great value at £16 they last for ages and ages and the smell does not fade at all.

I have tried some of the others mentioned above but not one has been as good or reliable as Yankee Candles so I was not impressed.

I have them all over my house and even have a Yankee car freshener in the car.

They are better than Colony, the scent on these is not as strong and I find the smells more artificial.

My hubs bought me a VERY expensive candle for my birthday from Cowshead Products (from John Lewis) and to be honest he should have saved his pennies there is hardly any scent at all and the wax burns dark brown, not nice.

Just go and sniff them you will find one you love.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back