Self employed contracts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clair78

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am opening a new barbers in a month or so time and have been looking at self employed contracts and wondered if anyone has one I can look at as to how its worded, what I can put in there etc.

Anything will help

Thanks in advance.

Clair

Any help guys please.....
I have read other threads from a while ago about this and people have offered there self employed agreements can anyone help me?

x

I have searched and asked a few geeks but had no luck.

I think I'll have to pay to have one drawn up.

Jemima :)

Im having one drawn up from a HR company for £50 if you want the details pm me.
I just want to know what others are putting in their agreements.

Hi - just noticed your post & saw that you're paying an HR Co to draw up a contract for you. I'm ex-HR & just wanted to ensure you're not getting ripped off - the reason being is I don't actually see this type of agreement as an 'employment contract' (an therefore coming under employee legislation) as the self-employed are EXACTLY that - self employed. Other than H&S legislation you are not responsible for anything to do with their employment.

What you do need is a rental type agreement (contract). I'm looking into this myself at the moment & what I'm fairly sure you legally need to include is:

Address of rental space
Length of terms of lease (6mth, 1 yr etc)
Availability (mon-fri etc)
Notice period (both parties)
Monthly/weekly/annual rental cost
Period of payment (weekly, monthly etc)
Inclusions (tea/coffee, products, receptionist, waste, electric etc)

You can also include things like, review periods, exclusions on use of certain facilities, non set up within a certain radius on leaving etc etc etc)

I've attached a document designed for renting a chair in a hair salon but principle is exactly the same. It looks a bit daunting but can be simplified and put in less legal jargon! Lol

http://www.nhf.info/documents/chair-leaseholder/1chair-leaseholder.pdf

HTH

Debbs x

Hi debss just noticed your reply. Sorry to jump on your thread I am in the process of organising a contract also, is this link safe to copy and amend as required? Thanks 😊

Hi im just in the process of organising a contract for my hairdresser also.. is that link ok to copy and paste and to use for a contract? Thanks

Hi im just in the process of organising a contract for my hairdresser also.. is that link ok to copy and paste and to use for a contract? Thanks

Hi Seniorbee and Carleensnails - I googled this doc (I was aware of its existence from a hairdresser friend) & having read it I don't see why not. With my HR Hat on the t's & c's all make logical sense and there aren't any legal points I'd be worried about.

I would certainly personalise it to your own business rather than Hairdressers Federation of course & if unsure, I'm sure the a Federation would be happy to help. In any case I'll certainly be adapting it for my beauty business.

I think the main thing to remember with any contract like this is to ensure both parties are happy with its contents before signing. Nothing should be enforced against the others will (if that makes sense)

Debbs xx

Thank you :)

Thanks Debbs. I will have a look at this agreement and make a few changes myself. im a member of the fsb so will ask them if they can look over it for me x

Thanks Debbs. I will have a look at this agreement and make a few changes myself. im a member of the fsb so will ask them if they can look over it for me x

No probs. I'm using it as a template but re-typing it to suit nail desk / therapist & then will get a legal friend just to look over it for me. Will be a useful doc I think x

Hi - just noticed your post & saw that you're paying an HR Co to draw up a contract for you. I'm ex-HR & just wanted to ensure you're not getting ripped off - the reason being is I don't actually see this type of agreement as an 'employment contract' (an therefore coming under employee legislation) as the self-employed are EXACTLY that - self employed. Other than H&S legislation you are not responsible for anything to do with their employment.

What you do need is a rental type agreement (contract). I'm looking into this myself at the moment & what I'm fairly sure you legally need to include is:

Address of rental space
Length of terms of lease (6mth, 1 yr etc)
Availability (mon-fri etc)
Notice period (both parties)
Monthly/weekly/annual rental cost
Period of payment (weekly, monthly etc)
Inclusions (tea/coffee, products, receptionist, waste, electric etc)

You can also include things like, review periods, exclusions on use of certain facilities, non set up within a certain radius on leaving etc etc etc)

I've attached a document designed for renting a chair in a hair salon but principle is exactly the same. It looks a bit daunting but can be simplified and put in less legal jargon! Lol

http://www.nhf.info/documents/chair-leaseholder/1chair-leaseholder.pdf

HTH

Debbs x

Hi Debs i can open the link. Please could you dm me if you dont mind x

Latest posts

Back