Spray tan training ? It's a must have you cant learn it from a video!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve
I am completely new to the tanning world.
I have been talking to Dawn for a few weeks now.
I have been weighing up good products, good customer service, good training and good prices etc etc
I haven't been offered free training if I bought the kit from you !!!!:cry:
Is it advertised on your web site???
As it happens I have booked Dawn anyway (she is very helpful and patient)!!
If I had been offered this in the first place I would have jumped at the chance!!!!

As for free samples....
They are no good to newbies unless you have a spray gun????
The outlay for a kit is quite pricey and unless you go to other salons for a tan you have no idea if you like the tan or not.
I think the companys should offer a tan with a local person and if you go with them you get the money back .... or something like that ???

Hate to moan but companys need to be clear on what they are offering.:smack:

Hi Steve
I have been weighing up good products, good customer service, good training and good prices etc etc
If I had been offered this in the first place I would have jumped at the chance!!!!

As for free samples....
The outlay for a kit is quite pricey and unless you go to other salons for a tan you have no idea if you like the tan or not.
I think the companys should offer a tan with a local person and if you go with them you get the money back .... or something like that ???

Hi,

It may be that they have only just started to offer the free training with the kit, I had rang Nouvatan today and they offered it to me. Free samples are only good if you have a spray gun to test the products I did explain that earlier on the fone and I asked if any body in my area or surrounding area does it so I can try one and Nouvatan have offered that if I wanted to go to them then I can have one for free of charge, so couldn't argue that.
The kit with Nouvatan is the same price wise as a lot of other companies, you pay for what you get, and with free training it works out cheaper than other companie's.
People do take up free training.

Hi Steve

As for free samples....

mel this offer only started this week, and its not even on the website yet i have only posted this offer on the nouvatan facebook page
I believe you bought your kit else where ?
we have no issues with training anybody regardless of where they purchased there equipment, unlike some companies
the free training is only available if you come to one of our training venues and purchase a full kit, not on a one to one training session in your own home,

I seen the post as an update on my facebook page and it was only about 2/3 days ago it came through! I think its a great idea and if the offer was around before I done my tantruth training, I would have def gone with it! my tantruth training, I must say was awful but thanks to steve and dawn, I acted as a model for somebody else getting training so i picked up loads more tips and advice.. I would highly recommend the nouvatan training as they not only teach you how to spray clients, but also how to take your machine apart and clean it, and lots of other little extras and personally for me, it was a great help! the trainer was lovely too . :)

Steve, I think that anyone who is serious about any aspect of the hair and beauty trade would happily pay for samples. I don't know of any hairdressing companies that would hand out stock willy nilly except for the occasional 'out of the boot freebie'. Why on earth should you? Samples, yes ... free? Tell them to bu**er off! Any reputable salon would expect to pay a nominal price, I'm sure. Business isn't like that anymore...

BTW - nice to be able to introduce myself to you today :)

no we do actually send samples to any body at the moment geeg, but we are reviewing the whole sample thing, we had to start charging (at cost) for samples as some people were abusing the system, and a small fee sorted the wheat from the chaff

one thing i would like to add to this post though is i also agree with prices on the website.... ok it is convenient to see the prices but not nice knowing any of our clients can go on the website and see how much we are paying/charging for a tan! thats def something which could be discussed! :)

Steve, I think that anyone who is serious about any aspect of the hair and beauty trade would happily pay for samples. I don't know of any hairdressing companies that would hand out stock willy nilly except for the occasional 'out of the boot freebie'. Why on earth should you? Samples, yes ... free? Tell them to bu**er off! Any reputable salon would expect to pay a nominal price, I'm sure. Business isn't like that anymore...

BTW - nice to be able to introduce myself to you today :)

no we do actually send samples to any body at the moment geeg, but we are reviewing the whole sample thing, we had to start charging (at cost) for samples as some people were abusing the system, and a small fee sorted the wheat from the chaff

one thing i would like to add to this post though is i also agree with prices on the website.... ok it is convenient to see the prices but not nice knowing any of our clients can go on the website and see how much we are paying/charging for a tan! thats def something which could be discussed! :)
its a difficult one this :irked: we want potential salons and trade customers to see our prices, all companies advertise there prices per litre on line, but your customer ie the end user is not going to know that you get 25 tans per litre,!! and that the cost to you per tan is only £1.30
we sell at our recommended retail price on line, for tan in a can and mousse and sell it singular in the the shop
but we ask you to ring us for trade prices on the retail line as its almost half the cost if you buy from us as a trader, we have done this to stop your customers coming direct to us for cheaper prices and cutting you out of profits you could make from selling the mini mousse to top up the tan on hands and face mid week, :hug:

Hiya Steve

Sorry to jump onto this thread, but its kinda relevant....do you have a trainer in the Kent/SE London area????

nicky xxx

mel this offer only started this week, and its not even on the website yet i have only posted this offer on the nouvatan facebook page
I believe you bought your kit else where ?
we have no issues with training anybody regardless of where they purchased there equipment, unlike some companies
the free training is only available if you come to one of our training venues and purchase a full kit, not on a one to one training session in your own home,
Hi Steve, haven't been on here for a while . thanks for your reply.
Dawn came yesterday and trained me an all very good / nice. I am happy.

If I had known about your offer would have bought the kit from you and come to Birmingham for the training but I didn't know???

if I didn't know , alot of other people wouldn't know. Just saying 'cos your missing out on sales???
Is there a link to your facebook sight?, how would I have known about it???
Not being tricky just pointing out that its not obvious and it is a good offer
BTW My tan looks hot :Grope:

Hi Steve, haven't been on here for a while . thanks for your reply.
Dawn came yesterday and trained me an all very good / nice. I am happy.

If I had known about your offer would have bought the kit from you and come to Birmingham for the training but I didn't know???

if I didn't know , alot of other people wouldn't know. Just saying 'cos your missing out on sales???
Is there a link to your facebook sight?, how would I have known about it???
Not being tricky just pointing out that its not obvious and it is a good offer
BTW My tan looks hot :Grope:
hi melons so pleased you enjoyed your training and your happy with the tan ,the link to our face book page is here

Latest posts

Back