Starting my own beauty academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicki83

Reaction score
Hi
I have my own salon in my back garden and a separate entrance and would love to start up my own beauty acedemy offering short courses and city & guilds qualifications.
I have changed careers from business to beauty and currently hold an NVQ2 Beauty therapy diploma and VTCT level 3 advanced nails as well as lots of other short accredited courses.
My question is can I do a training qualification PTLLS with level 3 massage route if I train in that or does it need to be the other beauty therapy level 3 with advanced facials?
Has anyone set up their own private college on here before, please could I have some advise on how to go about it. Thank you x

Hi Nicki, I'm in the process of doing the same, bit confused what your saying? Can you explain again? X

Hi Nicki, I'm in the process of doing the same, bit confused what your saying? Can you explain again? X
Hi thank you for replying.
I would like to start my own adecemy, how do I do this? I'm currently not a trainer so would pttls course be enough to teach? Xx

Yes that's all that is required, think it's changed from pttls to a different name now. You can them teach anything your qualified in as long as you have experience x

I've got 30+ years experience in hair and beauty.....did the PTLLS....and have trained many apprentices along the way....
But I have done this within a salon, and with the back up of accredited assessors.

Be sure you can deliver an exceptional level of training.
There are sooo many who do not.:(

I've got 30+ years experience in hair and beauty.....did the PTLLS....and have trained many apprentices along the way....
But I have done this within a salon, and with the back up of accredited assessors.

Be sure you can deliver an exceptional level of training.
There are sooo many who do not.:(
I will do, thank you for your response

Yea the course is now an award in education and training level 3, i done it and made my own accredited courses through abt insurance x

Yea the course is now an award in education and training level 3, i done it and made my own accredited courses through abt insurance x
That's great. How is getting students in?

Latest posts

Back