Stressful client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashesbya

Reaction score
I have been lashing for 6 years i have a new client the first time i did her lashes they were an infil
of someone elses work which wasnt great she didnt want to lay for long and we only ended up
doing half an hour then she wanted me to come again the week after again the same inspecting every single lash it was quite hardawork with her she is a lovely lady but a very hard client.

This time it was the same it was pretty much a full set which she wanted doing in less than an hour which I cannot do.

So after an hour if that and her moving around she then checked and was like no they don’t look good I explained that I need the full time.

I’ve come away and feel a bit crappy about it to be honest I would rather not have clients like this and she was really nice I don’t think she will use me again but if she messages how would you say you can’t do them.

When I have clients like this, I always treat it as a business “exercise” where I have to analyse what went wrong and come up with a plan of how I need to do business in the future in order to avoid a repeat of whatever problem I have had to deal with. So I treat this as a challenge and an opportunity to learn important lessons that will help me take my business up to the next level.

So my thoughts are that there are also two other questions to consider besides the question you’ve asked 1) what sort of services should you offer clients? and 2) how to handle clients who want to tell you how to do their treatment? and 3) how to politely sack a client.

1) I would firmly avoid infilling someone else’s work. If the client isn’t happy to return to the previous therapist, I’m not happy to infill. And it’s the full set of lashes that sets you up to infil in 30 minutes. You’re learning what works best for your client and you get feedback when you review your work in the follow-up infills that informs your techniques.

2). I never assume a client is a) telling the truth and hasn’t made a mistake and b) that she understands what service she had previously and has booked the same service with me. My feeling is that if the client isn’t used to spending the time you need for semi-permanents then she probably hasn’t had “proper” lashes in the past.

Clients don’t understand the difference between speed (express) lashes and semi-permanent. Express lashes don’t last, they’re quick to do but don’t get infilled. A client - not understanding this - might book express lashes with one tech then an infill with another, because it’s cheaper than having another full express lash service.. By refusing to infill other techs work you avoid this problem

3) why are you stressing about this? She’s obviously used to getting fired by her lash tech, how else do you think she came to you needing an infill? You just need to say something like this

Hi client, it’s nice to hear from you, thank you for your enquiry.

I am mindful that you requested an “express” lash service in your previous appointments with me, and as I explained at the time, I do not offer speedy services as my focus is to provide high quality work. Moving forwards, I feel that my skillset is not a good match for your requirements snd for this reason I have decided not to offer you further appointments.

Thank you very much for your custom and for the opportunity to reflect on the future direction of my business. Wishing you all the best

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with TheDuchess about repairing or undoing another salons' job. That client is one that you definitely do not need.

I have occasionally had some clients that are more trouble than they are worth, but you will find they will float here and there and probably mess you about and won't be worth your effort in the long run. So could go elsewhere by the end of the Summer and you didn't need to say anything.
Good luck and remember it is your business and you can feel free to choose your clients without a manager breathing down your neck and forcing you to do any soul that walks through the door. ;)

Latest posts

Back