Strictly Professional skin care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanner

Reaction score
I am still studying L2 Beauty at college and use dermalogica in my facial lessons, I adore the products and how well they work on my skin but as a student they are a little pricey for me to get hold of at the moment. While I'm saving up to buy the dermalogica good stuff I wanna get my hands on a cheaper alternative. So While I was in the beauty wholesalers I spotted the "strictly professional" range. In waxing, manicure and pedicure we use some of their branded stuff so I was wondering if anyone uses Stictly professional in their facials at college; their salon or just at home? I just want a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and exfoliator for my currently terrible oily skin to use at home. I also suffer from dehydrated skin.
Is the strictly professional skin care range any good? Do you think I was see visible improvement if I used it everyday and exfoliated twice a week?
Hopefully when the Level 3s at my college start taking clients for electrical treatment I am booking in for a galvanic facial :)

Also another question a little off topic - do u feel the need to look constantly perfect when having external clients? I get conscious of my skin, I mean I don't have acne but I feel if I am giving advice to someone on how to improve their skin when I can't even get my own skin in a better condition then do I look stupid or like I don't know what I am talking about? It's like going to a hairdresser who has awful hair - you would think twice.

Thanks x

Please don't waste your money on Strictly Professional products. We used them at college and they are hideous. There are plenty of good, not too expensive skincare ranges that are SO much better. There have been loads and loads of threads about this, if you do a search you will find them.

Good luck with your search! :hug:

Eve Taylor would be a much better alternative than Strictly Professional and not too expensive for you.They have products to suit all skin types at prices to suit most.

It is difficult when our skin doesn't behave.I dont suffer with bad skin generally but there are occasions when I get the odd spot.There are a lot of younger therapists out there and they will be going through a lot of hormonal changes so all and all I think generally clients are aware of this and probably wouldn't really judge.

As long as the therapist was made up nicely,looked clean and tidy and had a good proffesional manner I wouldn't really pass judgement,however if she/he were trying to sell me a product for say acne and went on to tell me that it definately worked etc etc and had acne herself I would obviously be a bit taken aback:eek:.It would be better to point out that hormones play a part in our skin and that in certain cases it would be better to be seen by a GP.Honesty is crucial and clients appreciate this.HTH

Don't the college let you buy the products at trade price ?

I know what you mean about having good skin. A friend of mine had extremely bad acne and I suffer from oily/spot prone skin so I can't say I believed her claims that the range she used was 'amazing' for acne skin. I didn't feel confident having a facial with the products she used.

when i enquired about dermalogica at the manchester show they said there was a minimum order of something like £1000, only ok if you are a large salon,,, i buy mine from jersey x

Ok thanks guys.
Yeah its def down to hormones, just come off a pill - i won't bore u with details. Such a shame that strictly professional range is poo, i was excited. Sorry missed previous threads will have another nose through.
My college offer a 10% discount off retail price which is good but still too expensive for me right now especially because i want to get a complete set of products. :rolleyes:
Never mind
I'm gonna have a look for Eve Taylor, cheers for the suggestion.
x x

Is that it ?! 10% is nothing really, I thought they would let you buy it at trade price.

Question.
I really need help because I'm hoping to go shoping tmorrow and I have £30 to spend on skin care. Obviously I'd like a whole skin care rountine , exfoliator, masque etc but my main priorities are a cleanser and moisturizer. so do I :
a) buy the strictly professional oily/combo range which includes everything in big sizes at around £15
b) buy dermalogica travel kit for oily/combo which includes everything at tinee winee sizes (would last 2 weeks) at £20
c) buy decleor cleansing gel at £20 and find a suitable moisturizer for a tenner.

Sorry to be asking for so much advice and i hope i dont get in trouble because decleor is an over counter product but I heard people saying such good things about a decleor facial.

What do you think? x

Question.
I really need help because I'm hoping to go shoping tmorrow and I have £30 to spend on skin care. Obviously I'd like a whole skin care rountine , exfoliator, masque etc but my main priorities are a cleanser and moisturizer. so do I :
a) buy the strictly professional oily/combo range which includes everything in big sizes at around £15
b) buy dermalogica travel kit for oily/combo which includes everything at tinee winee sizes (would last 2 weeks) at £20
c) buy decleor cleansing gel at £20 and find a suitable moisturizer for a tenner.

Sorry to be asking for so much advice and i hope i dont get in trouble because decleor is an over counter product but I heard people saying such good things about a decleor facial.

What do you think? x

Decleor is a professional product not an OTC product.I think you should visit a couple of salons and ask for a therapist to look at your skin and give recommendations.HTH

I'm not a skin geek but Strictly Professional are just a wholesale low end brand that you can buy at Capital or Aston & Fincher....they do nail products too but I wouldn't touch them.

There is a so say training school by me who train with these products, mixing up masks from pots of fullers earth and the like which I think is not very nice or professional. Clients are more savy these days.

If you go for the Decleor gel it should be £19, not £20 (was £18 until this weeks price rise!). I would personally advise going to a reputable salon (being a Decleor therapist & devotee I'd of course suggest a Decleor salon!) & get them to look at your skin & advise where your money would be best spent, i.e. what are the priority items for your skin. Sometimes just one product alone can transform the skin, if properly selected & administered. You can add other products into your routine as & when you have the funds.

Latest posts

Back