Switch to roller wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loulou4

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently setting up a mobile beauty business and I'm looking for some advice please!
I previously trained and worked with the pot and spatual method of waxing so when I started buying equipment I automatically ordered a wax pot (and everything that goes along with that.) However, I have had niggling thoughts about the mess (spillage in the car, strings of wax on clients carpet, you get the picture) and it was starting to stress me out. So I turned to this forum and every similar thread I read people were advising to use roller wax for mobile work.
I am happy to give this a go, I'm just wondering does anyone have any thoughts, advice or suggestions on which roller wax system to go for?
Thanks in advance! X

I’ve switched to rollers and they are a game changer. However, depending on the room temperature they take more time to heat up than a pot. With my pot, I could whack it on high and slide my spatula down the side of the melting wax and was good to go in moments. Not so a wax roller. Mine can take up to 30 minutes to heat up at the beginning of the day.

I don’t work mobile, but I’m sure the solution is to preheat at home and keep them in an insulated lunch box for the journey. And to plan your order of work to give your roller a few minutes boost on mains power after arrival in your clients house.

I bought my roller system from Outback Organics and it has individual “heated jackets” around each roller and you can plug them together in series and have up to three on one plug. I keep the wax roller inside it’s holder as I use it and it keeps the wax at temperature very well so I can use the same cartridge all the way through my service and not need several on the go wax rollers. I use single use cartridges which is quite wasteful - all of my rubbish is incinerated to make electricity so I don’t feel too bad. I find it very convenient to just grab a fresh wax cartridge when I need one.

Outback Organics also sell through their own wholesaler “Essential Beauty Supplies” who stock several waxing systems and they are very helpful if you contact them - there’s quite a few threads here about OO.

Thank you TheDuchess, that is really helpful info! Do you have to use a specific strip with roller waxing? I've always preferred paper strips.

Latest posts

Back