The best fast track course to hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this all you needed? Just the NVQ level 2 on its own? Is this ok for the industry? How little can someone get away with?
I thought you could only do level 2 after you show you have level 1. Am I missing something here?:!:

you can do level 2 NVQ rightaway. You do not need to do any apprenticeship after that. you become a qualified stylist.

well now you've gone and got me thinking of taking another course to add to my cv!:rolleyes:

Hi know this thread is very old, but did you get trained as a hairdresser in the end. I'm in a similar situation.

Hi know this thread is very old, but did you get trained as a hairdresser in the end. I'm in a similar situation.

The original poster has not returned to the site since 2010, so unfortunately there is no way of knowing this information.

I started college in the sept and by oct the following year I had completed nvq1 and nvq2 in hairdressing, if you remain focused and choose your clients properly to benefit your assesments so you get marked off for several things on one client.

I'm doing a college fast track course which is 1 year instead of 2 but I have previous hairdressing experience, although some of the girls in my course don't. However I would much prefer to do an intensive course because the college moves at a very slow pace to accommodate the different levels of the people on the course. If you can afford it you should try and do a vidal sassoon/toni and guy course. I looked into this but just couldn't afford it. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back