Website cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Yell have been on the phone offering me a website for £125 then £20 per month. She said that includes website optimisation (they get feedback from google on the latest keywords etc) and I can phone to add / change things whenever I want.

Can anyone tell me if that is a decent price? My brother in law did my website for me but he doesn't really have time to keep updating it or anything.

Thanks geeks!

Hi Kirsty

Don't know if this helps, and it may not be 'whizzy' enough, but I am with a company called holisticlocal, and I set my website up for £66, they had an offer on, usually £95, but no monthly charge, so it is left to you to update. However, a friend of mine uses vistaprint and pays a small fee monthly (varies between £3 and £5 I think, depending what you want) not sure what the package offers, but might be worth taking a look

Good Luck!

Hi Jack,

I'm also with 1and1 but only pay about half of that - £35.11 incl VAT to be precise - for the whole year. The domain name is separate at £2.99 + VAT per year.

Might be worth checking you're on the best deal.

I also make my own changes via ftp and would highly recommend this system (or CMS as Ruth suggests). Personally I think it's crazy to be at someone else's mercy when you just need to make a little change to your website, and you also get billed for it. I wonder if it's too easy to think that it's beyond us when really it's not - it's easier than I think many web designers would have us believe.

Hi Trozzina

You must be on the 1and1 Beginner Package which offers a little less than I currently have, but saying that the Beginner Package may suit so will look to downgrade once I speak with the other half

Latest posts

Back