what was the last book you read?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well the last book I read was Level 3 beauty therapy - great pictures but I couldn't follow the plot!

lol.... aw sass bless ya :hug:
:lol: Sass I wasn't going to put mine in - but here I go

the art of Nails by Jaqui Jefford
The Encyclopedia of Nails - 2nd edition by Jaqui Jefford and Anne Swain

I haven't time to read books that much cos I'm always geeking :lol:

Pass it on when you've finished it please Judy :wink2: I'm sure you'll have a queue of peeps waiting to borrow it, and not for the handy household hints either lmao

bagsy thirds up after sandi...judy :lol:

another book that haunts me but was compulsive to read was the boy called it, cant remeber who wrote it though.
David Pelzer... I've read all 3 of his books, also the one his brother Richard wrote too 'A Brother's Journey'.
They are heartwrenching but very compulsive reading, you can't help but carry on reading them once you start, even when the tears are flowing!!!

ps i love you by cecilia ahearn

its amazing that book reading is realy still so popular in this day as so many other things have been replaced useing technology ie letter writing had been replaceb by email, mobile phone, tex i do worry sometimes that my kids dont read enough they would rather "wait for the movie to come out" i do try to encourage them, my eldest daughter wants to see the devil wears prada at the cinema but she has got the book at the moment (free from galaxy) so ill wait untill she has read thet before leting her see the movei:)

i read Wicked while on holiday, the story of the wicked witch in the wizard of oz, great idea but book wasnt all i'd hoped. Currently reading the detectives version of the cromwell street murders, bit academic in places but very disturbing.

Love John Irving and Wilkie Collins

Finished it a while ago but was Memoires of a Gheisha,I was gripped from start to finish.

Hunted for the DVD and couldn't find it,really wanted to watch it and then my daughter borrowed it from her boyfriends mum.I was so excited,got into bed to watch it and was in for a big disappiontment.Nothing like the book.They never are though are they.

I love reading though,I lose myself and dont want to put the book down until I have finished it.

I've seen the film Babs and loved it... do you recommend reading the book after seeing the film as opposed to the other way round?

Harry Potter & The Order of the Pheonix - on the orders of my 13yr old daughter. Excellent book, read it in a few days!

The Complete Nail Technician 2 - Mum - admittedly i have only been reading bits of it this week.

well the last book I read was Level 3 beauty therapy - great pictures but I couldn't follow the plot!

Maybe I should explain that I had my level 3 facials assessment this week so I was swatting up ( I passed too !)

the last proper book I read was The Take by Martine Cole. i'd seen so many geeks rave about her so thought it was time to check her out. Well for someone who normally reads Maeve Binchy it was a bit of a shock! The language is very erm ... fruity!

Just finished Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis (the sicko that wrote American Psycho- couldn't finidsh that one as it made me want to puke, I've never been so physically repulsed by a book that I've had to put it down and hide it).

This one is meant to be a real life story, but it's crazy and very scary!!! I had nightmares but it was a compelling read :eek:

how will I know by Sheila O'Flanagan. I love her books and have quite a few of hers.....Romance...romance and romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back