Xmas buffet ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Invited family over this weekend for a lil xmas gathering as we wont see them xmas day...im too scared to cook a xmas dinner so thought id do a xmas buffet...wondered if anyone had any good xmas buffet food ideas for me...I dont want it to end up looking like a childrens party lol...I want it to be a xmas dinner buffet iykwim! Any help appreciated! x

Iceland...and Tesco...and Asda...all do great finger food things from the freezer dept....most are all on 3 for 2 aswell.....quick...easy and just the job.

They also nice puds...like little mini Pavlova's

I always do this for Christmas as I am not a cook. LOL! For my shindig, I have:

Shrimp and cocktail sauce.
Baby back ribs in a crockpot w/BBQ sauce or some other type of sauce (raspberry chipotle is great).
Swedish meatballs in a crockpot.
Crackers & a cheese ball.
Hot artichoke dip w/ crackers.
Ham roll ups
Lots of yummy desserts!
Plenty of drinks! ;)

M & S are great for buffet food as well, but it can get a bit pricey. How many of you are there?

If you want stuff you can do the day before how about making a couple of quiches, potato salad and coleslaw?

Have a look at this as well. Some great and simple ideas on the food page.

UKTV Home

We usually do Sainsburys or M&S party food and mix it in with Icelands.
They do some really good stuff which is more grown up and quite reasonable.

Not sure how many you got coming, but how about:

beansprout salad
pate
whole dressed salmon
and / or
lasagne
chinese lettuce salad
chestnut profiteroles

not forgetting
stuffing balls, pigs in blankets, xmas log, mince pies, xmas pudding, cheese board, old english trifle etc.......

or you could always go for the curried turkey option, if you feel you need to provide turkey.

other individual suggestions could include tandoori pork kebabs, turkey risotto, smoked salmon and asparagus quiche

hope this helps

Iceland...and Tesco...and Asda...all do great finger food things from the freezer dept....most are all on 3 for 2 aswell.....quick...easy and just the job.

They also nice puds...like little mini Pavlova's

OoOoOoOoH!!!! I was gonna say Iceland!!! *stamps Feet*

Just kidding Angie x

Iceland do some great offers

Latest posts

Back