Booked and having to say no to clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashesbya

Reaction score
How do you say you can’t fit people in politely to clients.

I am busy working 5-6 days a week I live in a tourist resort so in the summer my workload doubles.

I’ve had a few new clients recently messaging me the day before wanting appointments that day and next and I’m finding myself sometimes working 7 days a week which I’m starting to resent.

An example this week I’ve worked long days all week i was working until late on Saturday 9pm my 6th day and had a client message me Saturday at 1 for an appointment that day or Sunday I apologised and said I would let her know if any cancellations came in she then continued to message me up until 10pm Saturday n night she needed an Infil lashes from someone’s else’s work. I told her that I couldn’t go the Sunday as I had birthday plans I could not cancel.

I felt bad as she had a big event on the Sunday but I physically couldn’t do it.

Anyway how do you gently let clients know and be firm.

I think you need to stop worrying about letting clients down gently because you are in danger of giving them the impression that you are creating an appointment space and just need a bit of time to sort out your schedule.

Never explain why you can’t work late or on Sunday. Just say I don’t have any spaces available on X day or time. And don’t be apologetic about being fully booked when they’ve enquired at short notice - be proud. Thank them them for their enquiry, wish them a lovely weekend/rest of their holiday and put them out of your mind.

Moving forward, decide what business you want and how you want to work. Do you need to brace yourself for a holiday rush and then cut your days to 3/4 a week to recover? I work in a tourist city and I work 6 days a week when there is demand - not all the time. I warn all my regulars to book well in advance through the summer so that they don’t miss out and I’ll often book 2-3 appointments ahead, reminding clients when I see them so they don’t forget. I don’t hesitate to turn work away from new, one off enquiries, they aren’t paying my mortgage, my regulars are, and they need me rested and smiling, not frazzled. If it’s something juicy I’ll say yes, That way I still have time to wander through the city on a warm sunny evening, eating an ice-cream. I’m in charge of my business.

How do you say you can’t fit people in politely to clients.

I am busy working 5-6 days a week I live in a tourist resort so in the summer my workload doubles.

I’ve had a few new clients recently messaging me the day before wanting appointments that day and next and I’m finding myself sometimes working 7 days a week which I’m starting to resent.

An example this week I’ve worked long days all week i was working until late on Saturday 9pm my 6th day and had a client message me Saturday at 1 for an appointment that day or Sunday I apologised and said I would let her know if any cancellations came in she then continued to message me up until 10pm Saturday n night she needed an Infil lashes from someone’s else’s work. I told her that I couldn’t go the Sunday as I had birthday plans I could not cancel.

I felt bad as she had a big event on the Sunday but I physically couldn’t do it.

Anyway how do you gently let clients know and be firm.
This is a firm sign that you need to raise your prices! Seek out the week. Raise your prices this will see the People who aren't willing to pay leave and open up space for People who are willing to pay. Charge your worth!

I do mostly pedicures, some gel manis and work M-F, 9-6 or 7, I have 70 standing appointments that I schedule for the entire year. These are 4 or 6 week rotations for pedis and 2 for manis.

Then there are the ones who book regularly but for some reason can’t commit to a day or time. I explain that there are no guarantees for openings.

I recently vowed to take no more new clients. And I will be revising my prices come January. Our local supply store (RDA West Texas USA) has stopped stocking anything nail related ?? So am ordering online. I will let that be reflected in my prices, too.

I hate saying no to a client, but if you don’t you end up saying No to yourself.

Latest posts

Back