Break up highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought 1 was ash but ur post explains it neutralises nothing! X

Yeah it is ash but it doesn't neutralise anything it'll only subdue so what you'll have is yellow with an ash cast which in my experience doesn't look too good...

I never knew it didn't neutralise! So thanks again more great info! I defo think u need to be available in pocket size! I obviously still have soooo much to learn!

My main struggle is toning bleach knowing what base colour without it going too dark!

I never knew it didn't neutralise! So thanks again more great info! I defo think u need to be available in pocket size! I obviously still have soooo much to learn!

My main struggle is toning bleach knowing what base colour without it going too dark!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454516977.391886.jpg

If I bleached ends and they came up yellow
Would I put 8/6 to tone to this? It's this kind of stuff the throws me!

View attachment 194001

If I bleached ends and they came up yellow
Would I put 8/6 to tone to this? It's this kind of stuff the throws me!

If they came up like that picture no because thats not an 8 and its not yellow.

You can never tone any lighter than what you've lifted to as the tonal density isn't high enough to neutralise the depth you're on.

Sorry I don't feel think I worded that right! If I bleached the hair and wanted this result, just trying to grasp toning x

Sorry I don't feel think I worded that right! If I bleached the hair and wanted this result, just trying to grasp toning x

No for that result you'd use something deep and warm.

Urg!
I'm frustrating myself! I may need a colour refresher course like the lady said, I thought I may need 6to knock out the yellow! How about 8.37?

Urg!
I'm frustrating myself! I may need a colour refresher course like the lady said, I thought I may need 6to knock out the yellow! How about 8.37?

8/73

Been to my course tonight and my teacher has absolutely no clue and is not explaining any formulas or neutralising even after me asking! I'm calling tomorrow to demand my money back and will book a colour refresh at wella! Iv learnt more off here than I have over tha last few weeks!

True story bro #freesalongeekeducation :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back