Case/cover/bag for beauty couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
I bought my beauty couch second hand and it didn't come with a cover. I've had a look around and I see that some come with integrated wheels. In your experience is it worth paying the extra or do you find that you always carry your couch with the handle rather than wheel it about.

My OH pointed out that if I'd wheeled the couch along the drive of someone's house I couldn't then wheel it around inside their house (on their cream carpets) as you're spreading around whatever you've picked up from outside which is a good practical point.

I also thought that as well as keeping my couch clean in the back of the car I'd also be able to keep the cover/towels/bedroll in the case too. Does anyone do this?

Many thanks for any advice Geekies! :)

I used to have a portable couch with the cover on wheels I found it very handy I then sold it and got a second hand more sturdy couch without the cover wishing now I hadn't been so hasty too get rid of the old one with the cover. I'm definitely going to look for a cover on wheels for my second hand couch!! I'd advise by do the same, even if it saves u lifting the couch from the car to the house hasn't it saved your back a small bitxxxx

I used to have a portable couch with the cover on wheels I found it very handy I then sold it and got a second hand more sturdy couch without the cover wishing now I hadn't been so hasty too get rid of the old one with the cover. I'm definitely going to look for a cover on wheels for my second hand couch!! I'd advise by do the same, even if it saves u lifting the couch from the car to the house hasn't it saved your back a small bitxxxx

Thanks for that. Did you find there was space for bedding etc in the cover?

I was only starting off tbh and didn't try to put bedding in there but it looked spacious enough def think you could fit a few small towels in, maybe if you enquire in the salon supplies they might be able to tell you more xx

I was only starting off tbh and didn't try to put bedding in there but it looked spacious enough def think you could fit a few small towels in, maybe if you enquire in the salon supplies they might be able to tell you more xx

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Xx

In my couch bag I can fit couch roll, blanket, the couch, couch cover and still room for more! :)
I don't have one on wheels though as I wouldn't use them for the exact reason your hubby states! I made the mistake once of wheeling my bag to someone's house because I had too much to carry... Bad move = mud on carpet!!! :/ I now carry a little mat in the front of my trolley incase I do need to roll it from the car, that way I can just pop the mat down before putting my bag down!

So I personally wouldn't bother with wheels, but depends how heavy your couch is and how strong you are I guess lol xxx

Personally I would advise against the bags with wheels....a nightmare in my experience. They couch is too top heavy and the wheels are not able to be spaced apart enough to allow balance, so the couch ends up falling to the side each time.
9 times out of 10 you dont have to park that far away from a clients house, so that you need to carry the couch that far anyway.
The trollies are all well and good, but its just more stuff to carry and store.
x

Thanks for all the opinions ladies! To wheel or not to wheel that's the question .....

No bother Hun hope it helps, let us know Wat u decide xx

I too had a couch bag with wheels. Total nightmare, I ended up carrying it anyway. The wheels are fine if you are on a flat smooth surface. If you're on any slight incline, there is a stone or twig on the pavement, it just stops dead and unless you couch fit snugly into the bag it just doesn't balance on the wheels. Get a light couch and carry it. So much easier.

Latest posts

Back