clients nicotine stained fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffysheeps33

Reaction score
hi guys i had a cleint today that had a set of extensions done and they lookedd beautiful but her fingers and nails were really stained by nicotine i got rid of the stains of the nail beds by buffing gently but i was disappointed that my set of extensions were ruined by grotty looking fingers does anyone else have this problem and what do u guys use to get the nicotine stains of the skin if anything please help thanx xxx

hi guys i had a cleint today that had a set of extensions done and they lookedd beautiful but her fingers and nails were really stained by nicotine i got rid of the stains of the nail beds by buffing gently but i was disappointed that my set of extensions were ruined by grotty looking fingers does anyone else have this problem and what do u guys use to get the nicotine stains of the skin if anything please help thanx xxx

Ooh I'd be interested to hear on this one...so far I haven't had yukky nails to work on (touch wood!) so be nice to know the answer to the question too! Sorry I'm your first reply and not helped just curious! :green:

Ooh I'd be interested to hear on this one...so far I haven't had yukky nails to work on (touch wood!) so be nice to know the answer to the question too! Sorry I'm your first reply and not helped just curious! :green:

thats ok i was just disappointed as i said earlier that my nails didnt look as nice as they could have done on someone with clean fingers i tryed a little bit of acatone on a cotton pad but it didnt budge please help guys

thats ok i was just disappointed as i said earlier that my nails didnt look as nice as they could have done on someone with clean fingers i tryed a little bit of acatone on a cotton pad but it didnt budge please help guys

Yeah I can imagine after you put all the hard work in too, were they that bad that they ponged a bit to work with? Cos that is my worst fear!! :lol:

Yeah I can imagine after you put all the hard work in too, were they that bad that they ponged a bit to work with? Cos that is my worst fear!! :lol:

they did pong a bit but the colour on them was really bad it wasnt just a little but yellow it was really dark brown like she had never washed her hands ewwww !!!!!!!

Not nice hun!

If you get her again get some lemons in and give her hands a soak first, hopefully it will lift the stains and make em smell fresh too.

Not nice hun!

If you get her again get some lemons in and give her hands a soak first, hopefully it will lift the stains and make em smell fresh too.

Oooh yeah the lemons thing makes sense...loving that idea!

ewww all brown and nasty, that wasn't pleasant for you at all!

Oooh yeah the lemons thing makes sense...loving that idea!

ewww all brown and nasty, that wasn't pleasant for you at all!

it wasnt the most pleasant experiance i have ever had but i guess i will try the lemon juice thing thanx for that any other ideas would be really good thanx

I'm a smoker
Neither my nails, NOR my fingers are yellow. Not even the TEENSIEST WEENSY bit.

If someone has yellowed/brown "grotty' nails or fingers,the causes are:
- they don't wash their hands often enough AND they don't use a nailbrush
- they're holding their cigarettes in such a way as the smoke curls upwards to their fingers (dangling the ciggy instead of it pointing upwards) to stain them
- they're holding them and letting them smolder instead of putting them down in an ashtray between puffs.

First, they need to correct the above 3 things.

THEN
You can get a product at nailiteinc.com (and I've seen it elsewhere too, but don't remember where) called "Nail Brite Whitening Scrub" and use that with a nailbrush and warm water. Let is sit on the nails/skin for a moment or two and rinse it off.
I bought it specifically for my clients with this problem

What drives me insane, they swear they used a nail brush at home.. but they're hands are much cleaner after one wash with the nailbrush here in my bathroom.
Dont think my nailbrushes or soap or water are any different than anywhere else.:rolleyes:

Do they honestly think we believe them?????????

You can rub these stains off with either the plastic type green pan scourers (cut these into strips) and soap or just a nail file will do it:)

Oh, just thought of another.

A paste of baking soda and water.
If it can get stains off sinks and kitchen counters, can't see why it can't do the same for nails.
:wink2:
Scrub
let sit for a min
Scrub and rinse

give it a shot :green:

My Mum is a 40 a day person :( I watched her while she was here and she does wash her hands constantly, with soap and thoroughly, she doesn't let them go right to the last bit nor hold them in a way to cause the smoke to curl back BUT she has been smoking for 40 years and its just built up. It wasn't like it when I was a child, or anywhere near as bad. I know this because I wouldn't have eaten anything she touched, I'm paranoid about things like that. Its just the length of time its been going on. Only reason I was watching was because I did her a manicure and getting rid of the built up cuticle (she has never had a mainicure) put me off my sandwich that day :lol: Next time I'll hopefully be able to clean her skin too then.

I too am a smoker and I do not have any stains. I wash my hands after every "smoke" and also keep the smoke from not curling upwards.

During my manicure/pedicure course whitening toothpaste was mentioned as a "cure" of getting rid of nicotine stains. Maybe you could try this.

Best of luck

Trisha

Sorry meant to say apply the toothpaste to the stained area and rub it in

could try stop smoking!!!!! lol

cnd cuticle remover is designed to break down dead skin tissue on the nail plate, but it also does a great job of removing stains and surface dirt from the nail plate. it acts like a deep cleansing shampoo.
i have quite a strong constitution, but some clients who smoke, who dont appear to have nicotine stains, generate a lot of cigerette smelling gunge that is suddenly yellow around their cuticle area:eek:
the product turns murky on contact with dead skin, and the nail plate is definatley cleaner afterwards.
just a thought,... if u need to use baking soda and kitchen scourers to remove the stains from your hands, what do u use to remove them from your lungs???

i have acouple of smoking clients, i hate the smell that comes off their nails. when you file the acrylic, its like all the soaked in cigarette smoke is released. same when you use a cuticle remover to do prep:irked:
and why do they always have a cigarette just before they come in ?
bring on the puking smiley !

Using a good hand sanitiser should help with the smell, also lightly using a wet pumice can help remove stains gradually, i smoke myself and usually have a ciggie before i go anywhere i can't smoke! thankfully my hands dont stink! (to my knowledge..lol) its not a nice habit and it would be great to stop but its the addiction, very hard when will power is low! xxx

Also, nicotine can lift nails too. It puts a film on and will lift extentions, make sure they are well sanitized and do not let anyone smoke during aplication.

Also, nicotine can lift nails too. It puts a film on and will lift extentions, make sure they are well sanitized and do not let anyone smoke during aplication.

I have heard this said: but... have yet to see proof.
Myself and several of my clients are smokers (NO, there is no smoking in my house at all EVER, so not at my table neither) and we don't have lift..
But I use UV Gel, maybe this only applies to L&P as its more porous?

Latest posts

Back