clients nicotine stained fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard this said: but... have yet to see proof.
Myself and several of my clients are smokers (NO, there is no smoking in my house at all EVER, so not at my table neither) and we don't have lift..
But I use UV Gel, maybe this only applies to L&P as its more porous?

It's only if there is anyone smoking at the time of you doing nails (L&P or Gel). It's fine if they smoke after curing.

It's only if there is anyone smoking at the time of you doing nails (L&P or Gel). It's fine if they smoke after curing.

Ahh thanks for clearing this up
:hug:

i smoke myself and usually have a ciggie before i go anywhere i can't smoke! thankfully my hands dont stink! (to my knowledge..lol) its not a nice habit and it would be great to stop but its the addiction, very hard when will power is low! xxx

I have been trying many many times. No. It's NOT easy. I've set another date and am trying AGAIN.
So far, I guess my 'anal retentive' manner of dealing with smoke and 'smoke smell' on myself has paid off. MANY have said when they see my light up "OH! I didn't know you smoke. You don't smell like a smoker. Your house doesn't smell like smoke either"
So, I must be doing something right.

BUT I do have clients that downright STINK of smoke. ewwww it's just nasty :irked:

I can't wait to successfully quit:cry:

The ol lemon trick, cut one in half, then pour a teaspoon of salt onto the suface (acts as gentle abrasive) and give em a good scrub.

So would you CHARGE extra for cleaning up this crap?
I also hate the smell that comes off the nails when filing a smoker! puke! I wanna get the bleach out and send them off to the bathroom with a brush for half an hour!! Okay it's NOT all or only you smokers who have STINKY nails and hands..... there are some minging people out there!!!! ha ha

If only your clients could hear you all bitching behind their backs.:)

yeah then maybe they'd take the hint and get scrubbin!! .... hey u can talk! lol xxx

If only your clients could hear you all bitching behind their backs.:)

maybe it would make them more considerate with their hygiene:rolleyes:

perhaps you should suggest they do a lemon scrub.....or whatever your solution is before they come in if you don't like the hygiene standard of your client.
This can be done in a subtle manner, but if it becomes too much for you, why do them at all ?

milton fluied is really good for getting stains of nails makes them lovely and clean Im sure any of you who has had kids would have used this to clean babies bottles its cheap and works.Bubble white is good also.

So would you CHARGE extra for cleaning up this crap?
I also hate the smell that comes off the nails when filing a smoker! puke! I wanna get the bleach out and send them off to the bathroom with a brush for half an hour!! Okay it's NOT all or only you smokers who have STINKY nails and hands..... there are some minging people out there!!!! ha ha

I charge 1$ extra if I have them use the nail brite nail whitener that I got from nailiteinc to remove the stains. The bottle goes miles, so pays for itself easily.

I've had some non-smokers that garden and putter in the kitchen all day long.. and man oh man..... my non-smokers seem to be more 'minging' than others (amonst those with gitchy nails that is lol)

Since I deal with clients in the evenings only, often I'm thankful that I've already eaten my supper or....

(hello? we REALLY need a puke smiley lol)

I charge 1$ extra if I have them use the nail brite nail whitener that I got from nailiteinc to remove the stains. The bottle goes miles, so pays for itself easily.

I've had some non-smokers that garden and putter in the kitchen all day long.. and man oh man..... my non-smokers seem to be more 'minging' than others (amonst those with gitchy nails that is lol)

Since I deal with clients in the evenings only, often I'm thankful that I've already eaten my supper or....

(hello? we REALLY need a puke smiley lol)

lol... what the heck is gitchy nails! now minging I understand. I have a lovely client, who gardens loads.... and I know it.... she swears she wears gloves - well, I say "get some with no bloody holes in then!, cos half ya garden is up the enhancement and beyond". Plus breakfast and lunch!! mmmmm

lol... what the heck is gitchy nails! now minging I understand. I have a lovely client, who gardens loads.... and I know it.... she swears she wears gloves - well, I say "get some with no bloody holes in then!, cos half ya garden is up the enhancement and beyond". Plus breakfast and lunch!! mmmmm

haha :lol:
NOW you know how I feel when I come across words like 'minging' (took me a while to figure that one out lol) and 'plonkers' (still not totally sure, seen it used different ways lol).
Gitchy is Canadian slang for yuck, gross, nasty, dirty, ewwwww lol

Yeah, I hear ya.
"I use my nail brush every day" "I use my oil every day" "I wear gloves all the time"
BUT they still show up with lift and gunge and nasties everywhere:rolleyes:

They must think we're stupid:irked:

haha :lol:
NOW you know how I feel when I come across words like 'minging' (took me a while to figure that one out lol) and 'plonkers' (still not totally sure, seen it used different ways lol).
Gitchy is Canadian slang for yuck, gross, nasty, dirty, ewwwww lol

Yeah, I hear ya.
"I use my nail brush every day" "I use my oil every day" "I wear gloves all the time"
BUT they still show up with lift and gunge and nasties everywhere:rolleyes:

They must think we're stupid:irked:

Plonker usually means you are stupid, silly, or have done something odd without really thinking it through.

Plonker usually means you are stupid, silly, or have done something odd without really thinking it through.

well yes along those lines ...plonker is another word for d*ck / c*ck really... or there is also a toy here called a plonker!! LOL :eek: a kids one not a grown up kind of toy!! But funnily enough it does look like a plonker! how weird ... sorry off thread :smack:

perhaps you should suggest they do a lemon scrub.....or whatever your solution is before they come in if you don't like the hygiene standard of your client.
This can be done in a subtle manner, but if it becomes too much for you, why do them at all ?

mmm yes I'll do that.... 1 part domestos to 2 parts water and one part sand, leave to soak for 24 hours should do the trick - OR send them down under to nailzoo to clean out the gitch!!! ha ha :irked:

mmm yes I'll do that.... 1 part domestos to 2 parts water and one part sand, leave to soak for 24 hours should do the trick - OR send them down under to nailzoo to clean out the gitch!!! ha ha :irked:

Now you're learning the lingo:wink2:
:lol:

The word is also used in reference to "gitchy underpants"... I'm sure you can figure that one out hehe
Ya know... skidmarks? LOL

The original post was in regard to solution for a problem, not a slanging match about disgust in smokers, non smokers or the hygiene of clients, i personally enjoy every aspect of what i do with all my clients, after all we are in the business of "enhancement", if you cant tolerate what you have to do to achieve a good end result and a more than happy paying client, perhaps you are in the wrong line of work. There's also no need to be "irked" i was merely offering a solution for those who didn't like, or had problems dealing with a situation.

are you sure its from cigs and not tanning cream?? I have heard of denture cleaner, soaking a bit in the bubbling tablets and then scrubbing with a brush. xoxo TT

The original post was in regard to solution for a problem, not a slanging match about disgust in smokers, non smokers or the hygiene of clients, i personally enjoy every aspect of what i do with all my clients, after all we are in the business of "enhancement", if you cant tolerate what you have to do to achieve a good end result and a more than happy paying client, perhaps you are in the wrong line of work. There's also no need to be "irked" i was merely offering a solution for those who didn't like, or had problems dealing with a situation.

Tongue in cheek comes to mind.... mmmm the written word and how it comes across again rears its ugly head. Nailzoo, please!!!
I enjoy my work as much as you - I also enjoy my children but wiping poo off there bums made me gag til the very last one I had to endure!! I am not a smoker, and you are - please it's not a slag off of smokers at all. Do many clients who smoke, some are "minging and gitchy" but MOST u wouldn't know. Gardeners in my opionion are worse for yucky nails.... and I am one of those! ha ha. Don't get all defensive hun a little light hearted jolly up is ok on the geek too xx luv ya

Latest posts

Back