CND & OPI polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a real bee in my bonnet and finally someone asked the direct question .... to which I have to give a direct answer.

So here goes

I like OPI polishes, but I feel they have "sold me out", they are available in many department stores here and have destroyed my retail opportunities.
This is so unfair as a professional, they have taken away my opportunity to make money, what next ? home acrylic kits.

CND have maintained integrity as a professional brand, even though I don't use CND, I would back them to the max as being professional, at the recent trade show the new range was there and it looked incredible.

CND range is financially better to stock (as now they are mix and match for effects).

I think OPI have gone overboard and have too many colours to stock and remain affordable, most clients will go to their nearest retail store rather than buy from you.

When OPI started to sell in department stores they became "domestic" whereas Creative have remained "professional".

That's what you have to think of ...retail opportunities and "domestic" versus "professional".

Do you feel better now for getting that off your chest? :green:

I agree entirely ... the day professionals took the worst punishment was when it was being sold on QVC cheaper than folks could buy it from their technician! It's called "biting the hand that feeds you" !!

I use mostly OPI, stayed with them for years, but lately started to buy interesting colors from Essie, Nfu.oh, China Glaze, Orly as well.
Mix and match is interesting and can save money especially when you start in business, but not all the colors and effects can be created that way. I love holos, flakes, shimmers. I love jelly polishes, subtle differences in shades which grow stronger matched with skin tone.
Anyway, I do not think it is necessary to limit polish collection to one company, I go for colors, so do clients :). But I admit I have lots of natural nail clients so my collection is big and growing. Not sure how it is going to be with gel-polish.. No sense keeping all those polishes..

And layering (mixing polishes) is very popular, especially with flakes/glitter polishes.

Well there we go, i'm converted!

I received my CND order earlier and have just finished trying out my polish and effect. Brush is fantastic shape, slightly smaller than OPI which is great for the cuticle area, and no brush strokes visible. The colour pigmentation is wow! 1 coat of polish looked fab, the colour is gorgeous and with the effect on top it looks gorgeous! :)

It is completely dry now and i only did it a little while ago!

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!

x

Come on now Gee,
PICS!!! Please :lol:

Oh haha! i'm currently soaking my nails off.....getting my Shellac tomorrow! :green: (hopefully!)

I'm new to the industry and have tried a few different brands whilst looking at which products to use but I am CND all the way. The colour and effects, I think are amazing and I wouldn't use anything else :lol:

the CND polishs take far too long to dry , impractical for people,they always come back with smudges.. although they are fantstic and last ages :D

Hi,

I've been using OPI polishes for a while now and love the colours and the fantastic finish.

I recently changed my mani/pedi products to CND and also did an L&P conversion course so am now using CND for my enhancements...I'll also be using Shellac as soon as the lamps come in stock...and i use Minx too....so i'm pretty much a CND fan and am now contemplating changing my polishes to CND...I have ordered a colour and effect to try but i'm just wondering what other geeks think about the difference between the two?

Many thanks,

Sarah x
Hi Sarah
I use all the CND colours & effects! I :Love: them...! My clients :Love: too. You can get some amazing colours from them, they are very clever how they change by using an effect over the colour...! Hope this helps? Good luck :)

the CND polishs take far too long to dry , impractical for people,they always come back with smudges.. although they are fantstic and last ages :D

Sorry but that is absolutely not true. CND are probably the fastest drying polishes in the professional market today! You must be trowelling it on if it is taking a long time to dry. You astound me with posting nonsense like this. Everyone who usesCND knows how fast it dries ... in fact it dries too fast for some but we are working on that one. I wouldn't use anything else.

I bought a bottle of another professional brand of polish when in the States recently and it is absolute rubbish .. can't believe anyone uses it in a salon environment it took so long to dry .. so cross I wasted my money. I told the salon and they said they agreed but had bought it for the NAME of it which went with their Spa personna!! :eek: What a stupid reason to buy a polish range when clients are going to hate using it.

I sell shed loads of CND polishes ... the thing that stands out most about it for the clients is how fast it dries!

I like OPI but I am with Nailzoo and it riles me to see it in a grocery store (Target) and the likes, granted it is only a small amount of basic colors but annoying all the same.

Same with QVC, it seems to be on there every other week at the minute.

It does take away from the proffesional range retail route. (We don't use Dermalogica in the spa for the same reason).

Latest posts

Back