Cover in two coats-Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did Gelish training recently and you are told to apply foundation thinly and work it into the nail plate then cure for 10 secs in the Gelish small lamp then dry brush x

Hi Sarah, just out of interest, how long were u curing foundation for?? I've had the same with Plum & Done you see x

I was curing for 30 secs. I've since found out that the opi led lamp is 40 watts and gelish is 36 watts. Don't know if this is a massive difference or none at all, but anyhow I was def curing too long!

Hey guys, I see a lot of threads on gelish and I find a many need three coats to cover. I am looking to get winter colours in and was thinking if any gelish geeks could tell me what colours cover in two coats? Doesn't matter what colour or collection just a list of ones that will be done in two coats. Thought it may be useful for others too xxx

Great thread, I was wanting to know this too.
2 coats :

Midnight Caller
Gossip Girl
Exhale
Tutti Frutti
My Forbidden Love
Rose Garden
Elegant Wish (although it does want to wrinkle even if it is slightly too thick)
Caution
Sweet Chocolate
Irrisistable Forces ( magnetic colour, can be used without magnet)
Big City Siren
Incase Tomorrow Never Comes
Queen Of Hearts
Back Stage Beauty

I hate plum and one and black shadow! At least 4 coats. I find myself encouraging clients to have shadows or Queen of hearts! X

I hate plum and one and black shadow! At least 4 coats. I find myself encouraging clients to have shadows or Queen of hearts! X

I totally agree with Black shadow.....4 coats!!!!! :-(

Passion, sugar and spice, high voltage,sweet chocolate. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I do find most need 3

I wonder if consistency changes between batches as my Black Shadow and Plum and Done are both brand new and both cover in 2-3 coats :Love:

The only ones I use 3 coats on that i can think off at the moment are the All About the Glow collection, Seafoam and Need a Tan....

I've just done my own nails with Cashmere Kind of Girl and 2 coats were plenty.

I was curing for 30 secs. I've since found out that the opi led lamp is 40 watts and gelish is 36 watts. Don't know if this is a massive difference or none at all, but anyhow I was def curing too long!
it's just that I saw this in a post about Gelish and it made we wonder.

it's just that I saw this in a post about Gelish and it made me wonder.

I wonder if consistency changes between batches as my Black Shadow and Plum and Done are both brand new and both cover in 2-3 coats :Love:

The only ones I use 3 coats on that i can think off at the moment are the All About the Glow collection, Seafoam and Need a Tan....

Exactly, I've just got black shadow i tried it on a pop and it was 3 coats, might be able to get away with 2 on a client will have to wait for someone to choose it!

Now i also got sweet chocolate and starburst and i was a bit disapointed cos they were quite thin and needed at least 3 coats on the pops but again i haven't tried on a client yet so will have to reserve judgement for now.

Yes I find starburst needs 3. Also up in the blue, sea foam, it's a lily, new neons, ocean wave I find need 3.
For me the 2 coat colours are:
Midnight caller
Rendezvous
Carnival hangover
My favourite accessory
New under her spell ones
Magneto ones
Eur so chic
Gossip girl
Sweet morning dew
Passion
Glamour queen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You guys are absolute stars! I've made a written list of all the suggestions and there are too many lovely colours to order! Looks like all my winter gelish will be covering in 2 coats saving me time and money! What would we do with out salon geek!!! Xxxx

This thread has helped me too as ive only started collecting gelish after using shellac since it came out, and I must say Tiger Blossom has been one of my favourite gels for coverage and high shine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back