Creative (CND) Cuticle Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to get an old thread up and running again.......

Up until recently I have only used Cuticle eraser during my prep. (this was what was encouraged during my training). I then switched to cuticle remover which has left me shocked at the results! I have been removing cuticle sometimes half way down the nail plate! No wonder I had some lifting on some clients.

All of the cuticle that was removed, I couldn't see. It was only when I used my tools starting lightly near the free edge, moving down towards the cuticle etc that I felt a slight ridge, then if I pressed a bit firmer the whole thing would shift and either break away or remain attached, thus having to use my cuticle nippers to completely get rid of it.

So I have a question!.....Was this in fact cuticle?!?! I just want to make sure as I couldn't believe how far down the nail plate it was!

This took quite a long time to perform, 30 mins on one client! I am so worried that this is going to extend my prep time. Clearly it needs to be done, but I'm wondering if after the initial removal by cuticle remove,l is it a good idea to alternate with the cuticle eraser? I can't imagine that the cuticle would grown down that far again but it seems clear now that I'll have to extend my times for a first Full Set!

Thanks for your help Geeks.

L-J

I use CND cuticle remover for no other reason than I was taught with it. I like it so see no reason to shop around for cuticle remover. I did get cuticle eraser in my foundation starter kit, although I have only ever used it to remove hard skin from my feet!!!! (I know, not what it was intended for but honestly it works ace!!).

I have a spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of citrus soak in it to remove cuticle remover from the clients nails. I was told in training that you have to remove cuticle remover before completing your service, but that you can leave cuticle eraser on as it doesnt affect your application.

Even though I dont use eraser, I will be buying it in as a retail product.

Up until recently I have only used Cuticle eraser during my prep. (this was what was encouraged during my training). I then switched to cuticle remover which has left me shocked at the results! I have been removing cuticle sometimes half way down the nail plate! No wonder I had some lifting on some clients.

All of the cuticle that was removed, I couldn't see. It was only when I used my tools starting lightly near the free edge, moving down towards the cuticle etc that I felt a slight ridge, then if I pressed a bit firmer the whole thing would shift and either break away or remain attached, thus having to use my cuticle nippers to completely get rid of it.

So I have a question!.....Was this in fact cuticle?!?! I just want to make sure as I couldn't believe how far down the nail plate it was!

This took quite a long time to perform, 30 mins on one client! I am so worried that this is going to extend my prep time. Clearly it needs to be done, but I'm wondering if after the initial removal by cuticle remove,l is it a good idea to alternate with the cuticle eraser? I can't imagine that the cuticle would grown down that far again but it seems clear now that I'll have to extend my times for a first Full Set!

Thanks for your help Geeks.

L-J

Is there any chance there is a thin layer of product stuck to the nail and that is what you are removing? Or some left over clear polish? I am able to remove cuticle in minutes.

Is there any chance there is a thin layer of product stuck to the nail and that is what you are removing? Or some left over clear polish? I am able to remove cuticle in minutes.

It was the same on two of my clients. Both of which had never had enhancements on. And the cuticle was growing under / attached to the eponychium.

Perhaps they just hadn't had this done in such a long time that it had just built up.

You won't find this problem with every client so don't worry. It could have been something else or it just may have been cuticle. Sometimes people who never touch their nails have quite a build up there.

BOTH products work very well at removing cuticle.

Personally I use CND Cuticle Eraser because I enjoy doing the pre treatment massage with it, my clients enjoy it, and it's pampering and it works. I do not enjoy rinsing clients at my desk with a spray bottle so I do not use CND Cuticle Remover (I do always use it for pedicures though).

CND Cuticle Remover is also fantastic for removing hard skin from the feet. After all, hard dry dead skin on the feet is the same thing as cuticle which is .. hard dry dead skin cells on the nails.

Thanks Geeg, you know what, I'm not religious but was praying you may be around to answer my question and set the record straight!!

I guess I was just concerned because you couldn't see half of it, and it was only when you put the cuticle remover on that it started to come away.

I think I'll just assess everyone's cuticles differently in the future!!

Thanks
L-J
x

Thanks Geeg, you know what, I'm not religious but was praying you may be around to answer my question and set the record straight!!

I guess I was just concerned because you couldn't see half of it, and it was only when you put the cuticle remover on that it started to come away.

I think I'll just assess everyone's cuticles differently in the future!!

Thanks
L-J
x

Cuticle is hard to see which is why so many fail to remove all of it from the nail plate!

CND Cuticle Remover works FAST but of course you have to rinse it off because of the high acid content.

CND Cuticle Eraser works a bit slower but is more pampering (with the little massage). If you give it a minute or two, it is just as effective.

Remember, Cuticle Eraser was used in Creative PREP LONG before Cuticle Remover came on the scene and it worked great, so both are very effective products. Some prefer one to the other ... as I always say, "choices are a good thing."

You won't find this problem with every client so don't worry. It could have been something else or it just may have been cuticle. Sometimes people who never touch their nails have quite a build up there.

BOTH products work very well at removing cuticle.

Personally I use CND Cuticle Eraser because I enjoy doing the pre treatment massage with it, my clients enjoy it, and it's pampering and it works. I do not enjoy rinsing clients at my desk with a spray bottle so I do not use CND Cuticle Remover (I do always use it for pedicures though).

CND Cuticle Remover is also fantastic for removing hard skin from the feet. After all, hard dry dead skin on the feet is the same thing as cuticle which is .. hard dry dead skin cells on the nails.

i too was taught with the remover but received the eraser in my kit. i have never used the eraser, as i thought that the remover was more thorough. it is a pain keep washing it off though, do you not have to do this with the eraser???

sian xx

creative liquid and powder user.

i too was taught with the remover but received the eraser in my kit. i have never used the eraser, as i thought that the remover was more thorough. it is a pain keep washing it off though, do you not have to do this with the eraser???

sian xx

creative liquid and powder user.

You can remove CND Cuticle Eraser thoroughly with your ordinary Scrub Fresh routine (which is why I like using it).

I'm not knocking CND Cuticle Remover .. just saying you do have a choice!! If you like it and you are using it effectively then terrific.

All questions now answered!

Thanks Geeg!

Just wanted to say that i had a problem with my first dual pushie i had there was a batch of them that didnt ahve a graduated edge it was just blunt and it was a nightmare to work with, it may be that you have one of these, all i did was take it back to the OSNS where i bought it and they changed it for me.

Latest posts

Back