Emulsifying dark colours from hair line to stop staining?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Caflon wipes and they are amazing, you can get the from Capital Hair and Beauty; they are normally used for ear piercing

Are you skin testing for perm solution before you are using it on your clients skin? I have a clients whos ears were burned using this method.
I dont apply directly to skin round hairline. I use my comb to apply tint on temples and fine baby hair. Also its an old fashioned technique applying hairline first. Hair round hairline is often fine and fragile

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used this method for a few years now and have never burnt/aggravated clients' skin. I always use the lotion for 'sensitized hair'. After using it with cotton pads, I then go over the area with water and cotton pads.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used this method for a few years now and have never burnt/aggravated clients' skin. I always use the lotion for 'sensitized hair'. After using it with cotton pads, I then go over the area with water and cotton pads.

YET. You have not had a reaction YET.

I was taught that you should try to avoid applying neat perm solution to the scalp and surrounding skin even during perming, hence why I use barrier cream and cotton wool to prevent this. And you just go and put it neat on faces and ears???!! It says sensitive hair not sensitive skin, they are completely different entity's.

YET. You have not had a reaction YET.

I was taught that you should try to avoid applying neat perm solution to the scalp and surrounding skin even during perming, hence why I use barrier cream and cotton wool to prevent this. And you just go and put it neat on faces and ears???!! It says sensitive hair not sensitive skin, they are completely different entity's.

I am not going to argue with you. Everyone is taught different things that are not "in the rule book". Obv after hearing about your clients experience I will be more cautious, but said what works for me.... I am not forcing anyone to take that advice!

Have u tried rubbing it before adding water? Tint sometimes removes the tint if that makes sence? Lucia x

Have u tried rubbing it before adding water? Tint sometimes removes the tint if that makes sence? Lucia x

Yes I have. This never happens to others I colour just this 1 person.

Baby wipes!!! Work a bloody treat!!

Toner works well :)

Sorry, meant to say any facial toner!

Fag ash? How disgusting.

I apply tint, immediately wipe with stain remover around hairline. Stains are never a problem. Just be careful around fine hairs.

Milk works... But to be honest I'm offering advise for future reference, she can't refuse to pay because of staining... Her hairs coloured like she would be paying for!! Ughhhh these types of 'friends' make me mad! I had one friend that paid over 50% less than in salon would have cost her! always moaned! took 5 hours to do, wanted ridiculous times, I ended up point blank refusing as her friendship meant more to me than 50 quid every 6 weeks! And if she could find someone better for cheaper then go there, my price wasn't dropping, she occasionally asks and I tell her full price, as if I'm doing her hair, the stress has to be worth the money! Anyway...

I don't have the same issue as staining has never really been an issue, but I'll tell you my trick i used to do, you've prob done it though :(

I always used stain remover around the hair line, then leave 10-20 mins to allow to start taking on the hair and then do again slightly working into the hairline itself, avoiding the hair itself, just soften the line.

Latest posts

Back