Glitter tattoos, skin test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
I have a stall at an event soon and was thinking of doing file and polishes and glitter tattoos for kids, as well as promoting myself with business cards and price lists. I wasn't sure with the glitter tattoos though as I wondered if kids would need a patch test first in case of allergy to the glue?
Can anyone recommend where I can buy them?
Also, has anyone got any hints or tips for these sorts of events as I've only done one before and didn't really get much business from it but I figured I was doing something wrong??

Hi, I am not sure about a patch test but have you checked with your insurance if you are covered to do the glitter tattoos? I asked mine and was told i needed a qualification to apply them but i cannot find a course that includes them!

I think your idea of the business cards and leaflets is a good one, i have a done similar event and a lady phoned me 2 months after, she had kept my card! :)

Jayne.x

Oh I never thought about that, will give them a ring tomorrow to double check. Do you mind me asking what insurance company your with? If its the same as mine it'll save a phone call!

Good to hear it was a success, even getting one new client from it makes it worth it! I've just started in a new area so need to get myself known. Thanks for replying :)

Hi :) called my insurance and spray tan training covers it with mine :) just thought I'd ask as I'm doing one of these what forms if any need to be completed by parents? Do you think a disclaimer at the top of the page where parents can sign below or does that not need doing in is instance? Thanks for any help!

Spray tan training covers it? How so? Weird.
I need to know if mine would cover me too. I think it's a. No no if your allergic to latex, always ask the patents about latex allergys c

I called and they said spray tan covers it lol! Updated my insurance for pamper parties and events and double checked after I put the phone down lol! Ok... Would you get them to sign a sheet anyway? A kind of list stating they for consent and any reaction they may have is at their own risk??

I always dish out consultation cards few weeks before. X

Any more thoughts on this... am cosidering this too as a way of promoting myself. Would it be worth while.
My insurance is with Beauty guild x

I was told my insurance doesn't cover glitter tattoos. I only do nails. I'm with babtac.

Latest posts

Back