Hair dye on chair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcconnell1989

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get hair dye off a leather chair? My hairdresser has got some and it's a cream leather chair and looks awful.
She had some stain remover in the cupboard what she tried but hasn't budged it and my boyfriend tried some really strong stain remover and again has made no difference.

I'm gutted the chairs are less that 6 months old.

Help!

Sarah x

You could ask at where you bought the chair from but I thinks unlikely that it will come out complely :cry:

You could claim on her insurance ?

Hi, i used peroxide to remove koleston tint from a wooden chair after trying loads of other things. You could try on just a TINY bit first with a cotton bud, rinse with water then wait 24 hrs before trying the rest just to see if it causes further damage. Hth

Your hair person should have 3rd party liability insurance to cover such eventuality (as should all therapists/tanners/nail techs etc when working in other people's homes/premises!)
Have you spoken to her about it?

hairspray works wonders!!!!!!

Hi if the chair is cream then a bit of diluted bleach should be ok , on a cotton pad leave on overnight and it should be faded or gone in the morning clean with water repeat again if needed then when its gone wax with leather polish
but if your unsure about the leather .....
then test the diluted bleach underneath the chair on a bit of leather that you cant see ,
also invest in some chair protector covers :) hth minky

Any ideas for Dye on Red Chairs that have been there for a while?

We had white leather chairs and used to put leftover bleach and 30 vol and leave it for a while. It would fade lots and not damage the leather.

Latest posts

Back