Help! Client reaction during lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Then do you make the client come back a day later?

Yep. I'm mobile so it means making 2 trips but I have to do it too avoid lawsuits so... x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients should have right to have the patch test done, if they want, but if they dont, it's ok. In the case they dont- they need to sign the disclaimer on the day of the treatment. It's then their risk but 99% of my clients do so.
Worth considering

Please check with your insurance company because many will not cover you if a claim goes ahead as disclaimers are not valid. Each and every client should be allergy tested, it's not their decision I'm afraid, it's the therapists.

Debbie

Debbie,
That's interesting. I didnt realise!
Thanks.
So.. What if a clients doesnt want patch test?

I refuse treatment without a patch test. Disclaimers are worth nothing in court x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Debbie,
That's interesting. I didnt realise!
Thanks.
So.. What if a clients doesnt want patch test?

Then refuse to do the treatment. I know it feels like turning business away but if it goes wrong the consequences can be huge.

Did your trainer never tell you this?

Debbie

I've been taught about getting a disclaimer in case they dont want patch test done
Also my clients sign an agreement where it says that they're ok if any stinging occurs during the treatment (sometimes they accidentally open their eyes and fumes get to their eyes)
They sign that they dont (or do) have sensitive eyes, etc....
I've got lots of paperwork to sign before the treatment, regarding special conditions, general health..

Patch tests all comes down to the company you gave trained with some teach no patch test required others say its important. Your insurance company will ask what your training advised and manufacturers instructions.

I'm insured with BABTAC and it says on their website that when it comes to a claim,- they dont accept disclaimers.
Bit confused now as I been taught so and that's how I teach my trainees now. :/

It says you are a trainer so I assume you wrote your own courses, who are they accredited with? Does it explain to do patch tests in your manuals? Or does it say disclaimers? If you are teaching others you need to check all info given is correct and check with the who has accredited them as your students need to be sure on what they can and cannot do according to your training.

My courses have BABTAC accreditation. I'm registered and insured with them. They checked everything and it was all right when whey were doing my checks (yes, there's a word about a patch test and disclaimer in my manual)

Disclaimers are not good enough because we have a duty of care to our clients. It is our responsibility to keep them as safe as possible and our responsibility to make sure they are suitable for the treatment.

You also have to be there for the patch test so you cant send them something in the post to do it themselves etc.

Its a complete pain in the rear when you are mobile (like myself) but its just part of the job. :D

Latest posts

Back