How often do you do change your own Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every 2 weeks ... I don't do the re-growth thing.

Those of you eager beavers who want to change every few days .why not just use VINYLUX over the BL smoothing gel so you don't have to remove it so often ... Or ... Do you pick it off! :wink2: just repainting a new colour over the smoothing gel.

You should not be soaking off so often and are heading for trouble. To minimise the troubles you have, if you are going to pick and wrap off so often ... Better use Solar oil at least twice a day every day ... Solar Oil works because it has a cumulative effect and if not used regularly you won't get the most benefit from it.

Two weeks ladies is best for your nails !!

Can I just ask geeg, if I were to apply bl smoothing gel and vinylux, is there any way of successfully removing the vinylux without removing the gel? Say if I wanted to change the colour after a week but leave the gel on for 2 weeks? X

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I just ask geeg, if I were to apply bl smoothing gel and vinylux, is there any way of successfully removing the vinylux without removing the gel? Say if I wanted to change the colour after a week but leave the gel on for 2 weeks? X

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Removing it properly with a swipe of nourishing remover on a plastic backed pad isn't going to do much to your BLSmG.

I mean, don't be doing it every day - but then you wouldn't need to anyway :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Removing it properly with a swipe of nourishing remover on a plastic backed pad isn't going to do much to your BLSmG.

I mean, don't be doing it every day - but then you wouldn't need to anyway :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have some troubles with this method. Now matter how wet or dry I make the plastic baked pad, I always notice that my brisa lite smoothing gel underneath is softer after this.
If I leave the wipe for 10,20 or 30 secs and then move towards the free edge, or directly move towards the free edge, my brisa lite is always softer.
Any advice?

Linzi .. I do what you do when I remove Vinylux and repaint. I never have to leave the pad on my nails for 30 seconds (maybe 8-10 seconds) it comes off much faster than that and if I'm using a darker colour (or usually the same colour, in my case) I wouldn't even bother to take it all off anyway (I'm Lazy).

Of course, nvc is right to point out that if you leave the remover on for too long, then naturally it will soften the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel somewhat but it wouldn't remove it. So be aware and do not do that! :biggrin:

Every 2 weeks ... I don't do the re-growth thing.

Those of you eager beavers who want to change every few days .why not just use VINYLUX over the BL smoothing gel so you don't have to remove it so often ... Or ... Do you pick it off! :wink2: just repainting a new colour over the smoothing gel.

You should not be soaking off so often and are heading for trouble. To minimise the troubles you have, if you are going to pick and wrap off so often ... Better use Solar oil at least twice a day every day ... Solar Oil works because it has a cumulative effect and if not used regularly you won't get the most benefit from it.

Two weeks ladies is best for your nails !!

Unless your a acrylic addict like me..then you just buff the shellac nail art off and start again..taa daa...when content Lou -Lou ..at least for another five days!!

I'm a living nightmare when the new colours come out! I tend to do a neutral gel mani and then cover with a normal varnish so I can change when I feel like it using acetone free remover... I have been known to change daily, the best part is once I get home my other half is none the wiser as I'm back to my neutral :cool:

I use my nail oil several times a day as well as a good quality hand cream - am pretty old so need to keep the wrinkles and dryness at bay!

Linzi .. I do what you do when I remove Vinylux and repaint. I never have to leave the pad on my nails for 30 seconds (maybe 8-10 seconds) it comes off much faster than that and if I'm using a darker colour (or usually the same colour, in my case) I wouldn't even bother to take it all off anyway (I'm Lazy).

Of course, nvc is right to point out that if you leave the remover on for too long, then naturally it will soften the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel somewhat but it wouldn't remove it. So be aware and do not do that! :biggrin:

geeg, May I ask how many times you can remove vinylux off brisa lite smoothing gel with the nourishing remover before you the brisa lite smoothing after say, tree weeks, without damaging the smoothing gel?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

geeg, May I ask how many times you can remove vinylux off brisa lite smoothing gel with the nourishing remover before you the brisa lite smoothing after say, tree weeks, without damaging the smoothing gel?

I only would do it once in a two- three week period. I really think changing your polish any more than that is just silly and quite obsessive. I honestly haven't got time to waste like that.

The whole point of these wonderful new coatings like Slellac, VINYLUX and Brisa lite, is how long they last without being harsh to the natural nail ... So what is the point of not taking advantage of that? If people want to change their polish colour every couple of days, they may as well use Rimmel or something off the market. Why use a long-lasting polish and keep changing it ?? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:
I only would do it once in a two- three week period. I really think changing your polish any more than that is just silly and quite obsessive. I honestly haven't got time to waste like that.[/QUOT

Thanks geeg for your honest opinion.

I change mine when it starts to look tatty and untidy, for example its grown out or I've accidentally caught it when I've been doing a soak off or set of acrylics in the salon... but generally I get 3 weeks out of mine.

my nails grow fast so I need to do it every week otherwise it looks gross to me, I hold out as long as possible before changing it though and I use solar oil about 3 times a day :) when I take the shellac off my nails are still strong and healthy :green:

I do mine every 2 weeks.

I have Brisa hard gel NNO with Shellac over the top, so I remove the Shellac and do my infills then.

I did start to use Vinylux as I like to change my colour more often, but I found that when I was using any removers on my clients that I was ruining my own nails...Shellac doesn't budge at all until I wrap and remove on myself.

I make sure I go 2 weeks between re-shellacing, I hate doing my own nails so will hold off as long as possible! I think its good for clients to see that they really do last 2/3 weeks and that even though Im doing other peoples nails they last really well. If for some reason they come off before I leave them bare until the 2 week deadline again its good for clients to see that my nails are great underneath.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back