Infilling lashes, your personal preference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry probably didn't make myself clear. Where the older lashes have grown out slightly ( ie 2mm) then they can drop slightly so you get the brand new lashes that are applied 1mm away from lash line sitting at one height and the older lashes sitting slightly lower so you then have a set of lashes that do not sit uniformed x

Is it possible you are using lashes that are a little bit too heavy for the natural lash?

In answer to your original question, I never use remover at infill time. I don't really have to remove many lashes at infill and if any have become detached a bit I just use both sets of tweezers to peel the lash off.

I think they tend to look messy or twist if lashes are too heavy, too long, or not properly attached at the base.

I also think infilling with shorter lashes helps to form a good foundation for the longer lashes and helps keep them in place IYKWIM?

I would say 80% of my lash clients are infills. I fill for 45 minutes and their sets look brand new.

By sitting down lower do you mean longer where theyve grown out a bit? So rather than 2mm from lashline its like 5mm etc xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

After reading all the posts I decided to try not using remover as it is messy and ruins other lashes that I didn't want to remove.
I tried a couple yesterday but each time panicked almost immediately about removing with tweezers so I went back to the remover and redid the whole sets as usual.

BUT this morning I had a lady in who at 3 weeks still had over a half set left and only a few that needed removing. She's got large eyes and lids so this helped. I tried and bingo! It was perfect! Her lashes were easy to remove that needed it and the rest were still lovely and didn't affect the final look of the lashes. Any that looked 'dropped' like lielash mentioned I could just remove as I went along. Not as many as I expected considering its been 3 weeks!
Think I have found the answer to my biggest lash issue, so

THANK YOU GEEKS!!!! :hug:

Once again your awesome advice has been invaluable!!
Love you all!! Xx

I've been doing lashes for a while now and it has always been more fiddly to do infills; it's just the nature of the beast!

I take 1 and a half-2 hours on a full set and 1-1 and a half hours for infills.

I comb through with my brush and my tweezers to separate the lashes and to assess each lash. Many loose ones come away after this initial process. If there are some that look dropped, because they have grown out too much then I will remove this one using my tweezers. I am quite specific in making sure my clients lashes look uniformed and in order before I apply the new lashes. I find taking longer to prepare the old lashes makes it easier for me to apply the new ones.

I charge £30 for a full set and £20 for infills; unless they come to me and there are hardly any gaps, then I only charge £15 and they are pleasantly surprised - like a small reward for looking after their lashes lol

I'm digressing slightly and have actually forgotten then original question...but I have a question of my own - does anyone know of any lash master classes that are around? I'd really like to up my game and be one of the best lash techs around my area, so would like to expand my skills!

Thanks! Ami x

So had one of my regular infill clients in today, she was running late so not a great start to the appointment. So I decided to do an infill without removing the whole set like I usually do with her.
Brushed through lashes, managed to peel tatty lashes off but despite her still having a good set remaining they looked pretty bad.
I think I may have shot myself in the foot with clients, because they get a new set each time they possibly think they can abuse lashes and they will be fully repaired. So they were clumped with mascara where she had topped them up to last till infill so despite using oil free makeup remover I struggled to get all the mascara clumps out. So took most of the bad lashes off and infilled and I was not happy, don't think client was as happy as she usually is with her normal fresh set, and the time it took me to fiddle with the old lashes I felt I could have removed all, cleansed and started again.
Maybe I'm just unlucky with clients because most just seem to have destroyed their lashes hence why im guessing I started removing the whole set because they were so ruined at infill time.
Really feeling quite stressed now with what to do, would love to be able to infill but if they look like they do today then I won't be happy and neither will clients!

So had one of my regular infill clients in today, she was running late so not a great start to the appointment. So I decided to do an infill without removing the whole set like I usually do with her.
Brushed through lashes, managed to peel tatty lashes off but despite her still having a good set remaining they looked pretty bad.
I think I may have shot myself in the foot with clients, because they get a new set each time they possibly think they can abuse lashes and they will be fully repaired. So they were clumped with mascara where she had topped them up to last till infill so despite using oil free makeup remover I struggled to get all the mascara clumps out. So took most of the bad lashes off and infilled and I was not happy, don't think client was as happy as she usually is with her normal fresh set, and the time it took me to fiddle with the old lashes I felt I could have removed all, cleansed and started again.
Maybe I'm just unlucky with clients because most just seem to have destroyed their lashes hence why im guessing I started removing the whole set because they were so ruined at infill time.
Really feeling quite stressed now with what to do, would love to be able to infill but if they look like they do today then I won't be happy and neither will clients!

Lie lash don't stress!! This is why I tried Monday but it didn't work.
Wait until you have a client in who has easyish eyes to work with and who looks after their lashes then try, you will see the difference.

I've now placed a ban on mascara because it makes it impossible to infill without removing the lot so now if a client uses mascara they will have to pay for a full set. If they don't like having gaps so feel they need marcara then they will have to come at 2 weeks instead of 3. (I'm blaming contamination from mascara)

I've been too soft for too long. You'll notice my Facebook page is going to be full of rules over the next few days! (When I'm feeling brave! Lol)
X

Infact I'm going to do it today... X

Lie lash don't stress!! This is why I tried Monday but it didn't work.
Wait until you have a client in who has easyish eyes to work with and who looks after their lashes then try, you will see the difference.

I've now placed a ban on mascara because it makes it impossible to infill without removing the lot so now if a client uses mascara they will have to pay for a full set. If they don't like having gaps so feel they need marcara then they will have to come at 2 weeks instead of 3. (I'm blaming contamination from mascara)

I've been too soft for too long. You'll notice my Facebook page is going to be full of rules over the next few days! (When I'm feeling brave! Lol)
X

What is your Facebook page - i gotta see this.

So had a client this morning came back after 3 weeks for her first infill - her lashes were perfect. So I gave in filling without removing the set a go. I've been lashing for ages now but felt so nervous.
Managed to remove most of the tatty lashes and just replace with new ones.
Still wasn't 100% happy but so much better than yesterday and client looked happy enough, so gonna try and stick at this, best still I was done in 40 mins!!! :)
Thanks jigglyb4ll xx

What is your Facebook page - i gotta see this.

So had a client this morning came back after 3 weeks for her first infill - her lashes were perfect. So I gave in filling without removing the set a go. I've been lashing for ages now but felt so nervous.
Managed to remove most of the tatty lashes and just replace with new ones.
Still wasn't 100% happy but so much better than yesterday and client looked happy enough, so gonna try and stick at this, best still I was done in 40 mins!!! :)
Thanks jigglyb4ll xx

Woohoo!! Glad you feel better about it.
I wasn't 100% happy with the ones I did but she loved them and I got my time down, we just gotta perfect it now lol
We'll stick together! Haha
You already like my page lol Can you guess who?!
I'll PM you from it :D I don't like posting it on here as I've had issues with clients stalking me! X

So.......

I know i'm coming into this convo a bit late, well a few months late ha ha! Just done my first set of infills and feel it could have gone better:sad:

Would be interested to know how everyone who has posed on this thread earlier is getting on with infills now?

Are we agreed the best way is to peel the loose lashes off? Can this damage the lash though?

I used remover, then cleansed but found it was just making a bit of a clumpy mess.

xx

So.......

I know i'm coming into this convo a bit late, well a few months late ha ha! Just done my first set of infills and feel it could have gone better:sad:

Would be interested to know how everyone who has posed on this thread earlier is getting on with infills now?

Are we agreed the best way is to peel the loose lashes off? Can this damage the lash though?

I used remover, then cleansed but found it was just making a bit of a clumpy mess.

xx

Looking back I can't believe I used to take sets off - now I'm infilling in 30-45 mins.

However what I have found is that now my client base is bigger that the ladies I had before were trashing their lashes hence infilling was a nightmare. Now that most of my ladies look after their lashes it's a quick brush through, tweeze through, strip / peel the lashes off, cleanse and off we go x rarely use remover only on volume lashes or a stubborn Lash.

Sounds to me like you're being a wee bit soft - if my clients come in with either ruined lashes or hardly any left I point blank tell them they'll need to pay for a new set. If I don't have time to do a new set they have to come back. this teaches a lesson to look after their lashes! They have no excuse becuse they all go home with a lash aftercare form which states NO mascara and full aftercare, oil free makeup remover and a little comb on their first appt. I make them sign a consultation that states lashes are their responsibility and what happens if they come in and they're damaged. There's also a bit on there that says they must inform me ASAP if this is the case. They soon start taking more care of them! My time is money and I have a long list of people wanting appointments so I won't be messed about xx

Sounds to me like you're being a wee bit soft - if my clients come in with either ruined lashes or hardly any left I point blank tell them they'll need to pay for a new set. If I don't have time to do a new set they have to come back. this teaches a lesson to look after their lashes! They have no excuse becuse they all go home with a lash aftercare form which states NO mascara and full aftercare, oil free makeup remover and a little comb on their first appt. I make them sign a consultation that states lashes are their responsibility and what happens if they come in and they're damaged. There's also a bit on there that says they must inform me ASAP if this is the case. They soon start taking more care of them! My time is money and I have a long list of people wanting appointments so I won't be messed about xx

I was way too soft, I'm def not now though,
I like the bit about them informing you ASAP.

Had a young girl a few weeks beach have a set of lashes, she contacts me a few days ago to say all her lashes came off after 3 days and she wasn't happy!!!

However funny how she thought she would leave it 3 weeks before letting me know.
She had them done on the Monday and went on a diving holiday to Egypt on the Wednesday;

I asked if she followed all her aftercare to which no surprise she did!!!!!!

So I contacted all my ladies id done around the same time as her to see how their lashes were doing and all were fine.

Anyway to save grief I said id give here 50% off next set - however with this ASAP included it will stop those trying to get a freebie!!!!

I just did an infill and it took me 2 hours!
I can't in the life of me peel lashes off.
LieLash tutorial please. 😄
I can't be doing Infills for 2hours.

I just did an infill and it took me 2 hours!
I can't in the life of me peel lashes off.
LieLash tutorial please. 😄
I can't be doing Infills for 2hours.

Il get on to it !!! X

Wish me luck guys. Going to do an infill. Here's hoping I peel and don't take 2 hours like last time.
The lady I'm doing has 18mm lashes!. Yep I know but she had them done in Aussie and likes them. To be fair her lashes are long and thick so look ok.
I find that length slightly tricky to work with.

What do you ladies mean by "peel" please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What do you ladies mean by "peel" please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Go on YouTube- eyelash extensions by kent - infill video- LieLash explains clearlet

LieLash I just watched your video, its brilliant. I like everyone else had a huge problem and dreaded infills. I am quite new to lashing and it took me longer to do infills then a new set! Excited to try this easier method today! You ladies on here are all brilliant!!

LieLash I just watched your video, its brilliant. I like everyone else had a huge problem and dreaded infills. I am quite new to lashing and it took me longer to do infills then a new set! Excited to try this easier method today! You ladies on here are all brilliant!!

Glad I could help, give it a few months and you will look forward to them knowing that you can do them in half and hour, especially with clients that look after their lashes xx

Latest posts

Back