Is it possible to remove cured gel from a brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Last week I got a bit ditzy and I didint clean my brush enough and now its hard at the tip, ive tried leaving it to soak in tip remover but nothing.

I have puchased a new one from Designer Nails (which I prefer to the Creative one I might add) but I'd like my old one as a back up if its salvagable.

any constructive advice gladly received, thanks.

Fab Freak said:
Last week I got a bit ditzy and I didint clean my brush enough and now its hard at the tip, ive tried leaving it to soak in tip remover but nothing.

I have puchased a new one from Designer Nails (which I prefer to the Creative one I might add) but I'd like my old one as a back up if its salvagable.

any constructive advice gladly received, thanks.

Hi are you using UV gel?

Unfortunatly no....

A lesson well learned sadly... (I think we all do it once):rolleyes:

Hurrah - it's not just me then!!!

I use my cured brush as a clean up brush for polish on skin when I french polish (just dip it in my EZBond- equivalent would be a dehydrator and clean away!)

Have a go (if you get polish on skin like me!)

I did this a couple of weeks ago.... it was a brand new brush as well...
icon_sad.gif
I put it down just in front of my lamp and cured gel that was on the very end of the tip..couldn`t bear to throw it out...so I cut off the cured bit with curved scissors and kept it for when applying my glitter gels.. helps that the bristles are shorter as well because its easy to see which one is especially for glitters(don`t want to contaminate my regular gel brush with glitter)

Not sure if it's right or not, but i'm sure i've seen you can try to use Acetone to soak your gel brush in and then you may be able to tease it off the bristles. Other than that, short of cutting it off, i can't help anymore than that... sorry.:sad:

Acetone unfortunately wont affect it once its cured :( I managed to salvage one once that was only half cured not completely rock solid by soaking it overnight in finishing wipe.Dont know if it will work now tho?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back