Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried the Moss Green, Vivid Pink, Light Bronze or Magenta special polishes yet?????

No but am happy yo trial them for you ;) will reply to your email at lunch as I do want a new plate but cant look till lunch time, is that ok? When are you placing your order? X

Hi all been second attempt of konad... Amazingggggg is the only word I can use to describe konad!!!
I love this effect, very sexy and so unique!

Just done this one on a client! Found it much harder to do it on someone else! Any tips for making it easier? Wasn't getting full coverage even when trying to do the rocking motion. Much easier on my own nails. Thanks guys x
I find it really hard to do other people also, but I'm sure the real geeks can help you with this.

Have you tried adding dots to the centres of the leopard print? They cover a multitude of errors and the effect is really nice. I have a pic in my gallery here's the link.

Just done this one on a client! Found it much harder to do it on someone else! Any tips for making it easier? Wasn't getting full coverage even when trying to do the rocking motion. Much easier on my own nails. Thanks guys x

These look really reall good and you haven't been doing konad long so you should be really proud of yourself :)

When I do it on others I tend to hold back the side walls with my thumb and index finger and stamp from right side wall whilst rocking it gently, but with enough pressure over the nail to the left.

I personally think its harder stamping my own nails, espeshially the French ones as I cant hold my fingers the same as when I do others. Xx

Well every time I have come on the forum and seen this thread has been updated, I shy away from looking because I've had my Konad kit for a few years and haven't really got the hang of it before.

Having read through the entire thread just now, I've picked up some new tips. So I dragged my kit out, buffed the stamper and had a little play on some tips as I don't have any nails of my own (naughty biter!). Now I can do it, I can finally stamp.

Nothing to show just yet, and I'm not sure how I will get on with a full nail stamp (I'm assuming it's easier on an actual nail rather than a flimsy tip?!), but hopefully when I get some clients in I'll persuade them to have a bit of nail art.

Yay for this thread! x

Well every time I have come on the forum and seen this thread has been updated, I shy away from looking because I've had my Konad kit for a few years and haven't really got the hang of it before.

Having read through the entire thread just now, I've picked up some new tips. So I dragged my kit out, buffed the stamper and had a little play on some tips as I don't have any nails of my own (naughty biter!). Now I can do it, I can finally stamp.

Nothing to show just yet, and I'm not sure how I will get on with a full nail stamp (I'm assuming it's easier on an actual nail rather than a flimsy tip?!), but hopefully when I get some clients in I'll persuade them to have a bit of nail art.

Yay for this thread! x

Omg Claire!!!!!! How many times have I told you to dig it out lol!!! :hug: its great isn't it? Im so glad you finally got it out and had another go! You will become addicted before you know it!!

It is a lot easier to do it on proper nails rather than tips :) give it a go on yourself just so you can see/feel the difference. Even though I'm praying really hard for you to stop biting :) if you shellac or gelish and wear some stamps...bore clients will get a better feel for what konad is and how it looks on someone :)

make sure you do share when yiy have some piccys :) if you free hand art is anything to go by, konad will only enhance your talent :) xx

Omg Claire!!!!!! How many times have I told you to dig it out lol!!! :hug: its great isn't it? Im so glad you finally got it out and had another go! You will become addicted before you know it!!

It is a lot easier to do it on proper nails rather than tips :) give it a go on yourself just so you can see/feel the difference. Even though I'm praying really hard for you to stop biting :) if you shellac or gelish and wear some stamps...bore clients will get a better feel for what konad is and how it looks on someone :)

make sure you do share when yiy have some piccys :) if you free hand art is anything to go by, konad will only enhance your talent :) xx

I will hun, just need to get some more special polishes as I only have silver, white and red.

I kept trying now and again but since I've been at the salon I haven't bothered, but as I have a very quiet day today I thought I'd give it a go. Must say I think I may already be a tiny bit in love with it, just need nails to play on now.. who's up for being my guinea pig lol

I would put it on my nails, but seriously there is nothing to stamp on, but they are coated in shellac ;) x

So my last comment was wow how easy was that (on my own short nails) - silly me!
Not so easy on longer nails! I can't seem to get full coverage on a longer nail, I seem to miss either the tip or by the cuticle, any advice would be much appreciated! Xx

Yay for this thread! x

YAY Claire!!! I'm so happy you dug it out and had a play!

I will hun, just need to get some more special polishes as I only have silver, white and red.

I kept trying now and again but since I've been at the salon I haven't bothered, but as I have a very quiet day today I thought I'd give it a go. Must say I think I may already be a tiny bit in love with it, just need nails to play on now.. who's up for being my guinea pig lol

I would put it on my nails, but seriously there is nothing to stamp on, but they are coated in shellac ;) x
Just like Jo I hope that your nails do get long and lovely but in the mean time maybe a star or flower or heart could fit? Konad really does stand out to people and I think you will get more guinea pigs if you have some designs on your nails :D

So my last comment was wow how easy was that (on my own short nails) - silly me!
Not so easy on longer nails! I can't seem to get full coverage on a longer nail, I seem to miss either the tip or by the cuticle, any advice would be much appreciated! Xx
It can be a little tricky to line them up. Often I do have to add a little bit of design to my thumb or I will have a big gaping hole.

I always try and line the design (on the stamp) up with the side of my nail so that no stamp will go onto the skin. Then I check that the design will cover the free edge and all the way up too the cuticle and then I roll it on.

If you are using the fist set of BM plates no worries as the designs are tiny. And if you are really having problems you could always get the SdP large plates :D (here's a link to the konad group where they are discussed: Salon Geek - My latest splurge

Thanx picchi your a gem, will take a look at the link, and be more careful when applying the stamp to the nail, any more problems and I know where to come!! xx :)

Wait for it!

I finally used Konad on someone today! So it's only small, but I think it looks lovely and delicate.

Attachments

• Mum Glamour Queen Gelish 2.jpg
    Mum Glamour Queen Gelish 2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 472
Wait for it!

I finally used Konad on someone today! So it's only small, but I think it looks lovely and delicate.

That looks really lovely Claire! Sometimes the simplist designs look the best! I love these. Great colout choice too! Its easy really isn't it? Xx

That looks really lovely Claire! Sometimes the simplist designs look the best! I love these. Great colout choice too! Its easy really isn't it? Xx

Yep, easy now I've sorted out the problems I had before. Now I'm worried about a whole nail design and what if it doesn't fit! x

Wait for it!

Very pretty :biggrin:, have you looked at the Konad official pictures for ideas? I shall not mention a website that has a page of them ..............

Yep, easy now I've sorted out the problems I had before. Now I'm worried about a whole nail design and what if it doesn't fit! x

Ah you'll be fine. Just Mme sure that when you file the nail, you file it to the length of the full nail stamp :) the only problem nail I have when doing a full nail stamp is the thumbs because their wider. But I try to do 2stamps next to each other depending on the stamp. Others have also suggested turning th stamp on its side to coverthe width of the thumb and do 2 stamps to cover th plate...haven't tried that though xx

Oh thanks girls, now I've got loads of ideas and just need to put them in to practice. If clients start to want it, I just know I'm going to get addicted!

I 'Konaded' my nails last night for the first time!!!!

I used a pink opi polish then used black leopard print from plate m57 (I think), then used some gold polish on a cocktail stick to blob on over the top! I only ended up doing 2 accent fingers on each hand as I ran out of time.

Everyone in my office has commented today....going to try my toes tonight!! :D

I can't seem to be able to upload my picture :(

I 'Konaded' my nails last night for the first time!!!!

I used a pink opi polish then used black leopard print from plate m57 (I think), then used some gold polish on a cocktail stick to blob on over the top! I only ended up doing 2 accent fingers on each hand as I ran out of time.

Everyone in my office has commented today....going to try my toes tonight!! :D

I can't seem to be able to upload my picture :(

Hehehe, another addict is born :biggrin: dont forget to show us your piccys :) x

Latest posts

Back