Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you I will try another top coat.

Do you leave the konad for a long time before adding top coat?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

The only time I "wait" is the time it takes me to finish stamping all my fingers. Directly after I finish stamping I apply a top coat.

Thank you. Must be this top coat that isn't compatible. I will try again.

Thank you I will try another top coat.

Do you leave the konad for a long time before adding top coat?

Adding to what the lovely picchi has said, try 'floating' the top coat over the konad ans try not to go back over it :) x

Sorry silly question, what do you mean by floating?

Sorry silly question, what do you mean by floating?

Nothing is a silly question :)

Make sure you have enough product on your brush and kind of float/glide it over the konad without the brush actually touching the colour coat/konad.

Does that make sense? Xx

Yes, that is what I did, thank you. Can't understand what went wrong...

Few of mine Valentines Day-ish :)

Attachments

• flower.jpg
    flower.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 505
  • Butterfly.jpg
    Butterfly.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 504
Oh dear, I've tried and tried again this morning and no such luck. I guess Konad is not going to work for me!

Oh dear, I've tried and tried again this morning and no such luck. I guess Konad is not going to work for me!

Have you watched the video? Sometimes it is better to see what to do.

I have missed your pleas, what have you tried? :hug:

Have you watched the video? Sometimes it is better to see what to do.

I have missed your pleas, what have you tried? :hug:

I can get the stamp on to my nail and that looks great (it took some time but think I have mastered that bit!)

It's the topcoat. I have tried all the tips on here and watched many Youtube clips but it just smudges everytime. Many of the reviews of the Konad topcoat state that this also smudges so I'm a bit reluctant to buy any....

If you are still having problems with the design smudging when you apply a top coat you should try floating the top.

This is the best way I know how to describe how to float the top: Add a large drop of TC to the top of the nail. Then in the lightest of ways pull that top coat down over the nail, in no more than three strokes. Your aim is to disturb as little as possible the konad design by just skimming the top coat over it.

(I hope that makes sense) Here is a really good blog post that covers this: All about Konad (basics) | Parokeets
There are videos and all :hug:

If you are still having problems with the design smudging when you apply a top coat you should try floating the top.

This is the best way I know how to describe how to float the top: Add a large drop of TC to the top of the nail. Then in the lightest of ways pull that top coat down over the nail, in no more than three strokes. Your aim is to disturb as little as possible the konad design by just skimming the top coat over it.

(I hope that makes sense) Here is a really good blog post that covers this: All about Konad (basics) | Parokeets
There are videos and all :hug:

Thank you Picchi. I will try again. I did try to "float" the topcoat but maybe I wasn't doing it correctly? It's very frustrating as when I put it under my Gelicure topcoat and cured it as normal, no problem. It's just when I put it on over Gelicure topcoat then try and use polish topcoat.

Thank you Picchi. I will try again. I did try to "float" the topcoat but maybe I wasn't doing it correctly? It's very frustrating as when I put it under my Gelicure topcoat and cured it as normal, no problem. It's just when I put it on over Gelicure topcoat then try and use polish topcoat.
I don't know enough about Gelicure to help, maybe some of the other geeks do and can advise... It sounds like the Gelicure topcoat reacts in some way with the konad SP and causes problems. But like I said I really have no idea... Have a look in the konad group maybe someone had the same problem.

I've just tried on a client and the Gelicure topcoat worked a treat - no smudging. Clearly the Nubar topcoat is different and reacts badly to the stamp. I have ordered the konad topcoat for myself & those clients who want to be able to remove the konad without removing the coloured Gelicure.

Thanks for all your help ladies.

Can anyone advise me re topcoat? I've just tried konad with Gelicure. If I use Gelicure topcoat and cure, this was no problem however, if I put konad on over Gelicure topcoat and use Nubar nail polish topcoat but this smudges each and everytime. Do you need to use konad topcoat?

I use lumos and I've noticed it smudging too! I'm new to konad and I'm glad it's not just me! To stop it smudging I had to put it on quite thick.

This is what I have on today:

6824362239_f3a45b4632.jpg

Layla "Mercury Twilight" with ChG "Some like it Haute" and konad butterflies done in Konad SP black.

I had to add two coats of SV and it dulled the holo *cry*

Layla "Mercury Twilight" with ChG "Some like it Haute" and konad butterflies done in Konad SP black.

LOVE!!! :hug:

Beautiful as always!

Latest posts

Back